• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cal mec response to ual mec

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yup, I agree with you about PW's role in the 70 seat RJ mess. He signed a side letter (foolishly) to allow the E170 in the mix. He did not allow the "concept" of 70 seat jets at UAL. We pilots did in the late 1990's. The pilots are to blame, as much as I'd like to blame PW because I don't think he was a good leader for that time.

Oh my God! That is the most exact display of Stockholm Syndrom I have ever seen on FI.... Or anywhere. Sad. You not only have sympathy for your employer as your captor, but the pilots senior to you as well!! That is as sad a display of character I ever witnessed on here. Unbelievable. PW screwed up miserably. Your 570s continue to glean the field. You've capitulated to eveything. You are without a backbone.... Except in the merger of course. You'll act tuff over some obsolete airplane you've got that you think ought to pay more. Further giving into mgt....

I'm CAL. And you need to think about your perspective on this. The 570s have had a good enough deal. Drop the idea that your airplanes need to be unbanded. That's an idea the 570s put in your head.

Oh my God! That is the most exact display of Stockholm Syndrom I have ever seen on FI.... Or anywhere. Sad. You not only have sympathy for your employer as your captor, but the pilots senior to you as well!! That is as sad a display of character I ever witnessed on here. Unbelievable. PW screwed up miserably. Your 570s continue to glean the field. You've capitulated to eveything. You are without a backbone.... Except in the merger of course. You'll act tuff over some obsolete airplane you've got that you think ought to pay more. Further giving into mgt....

I'm CAL. And you need to think about your perspective on this. The 570s have had a good enough deal. Drop the idea that your airplanes need to be unbanded. That's an idea the 570s put in your head.

Ah yes. Now I remember you.

I am getting SO SICK of all this union He Said/She Said bs! This job sucks ball$ as it is and our elected reps are making it even worse. Hey Wendy and Jay, quite the bickering, settle your squabbles, and get us an industry leading contract before my job disappears to Skywest and Republic!!!!!

Exactly what I told one of my reps in the crewroom over the weekend. I could care less what happens on their own time, stop wasting time with this squabbling amongst the unions and negotiate me a damn contract so I can take care of my family and my future.:angryfire

In December 2009, the Company announced its intention to place an aircraft order for 25 Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner aircraft and 25 Airbus A350
XWB aircraft, with future purchase rights for an additional 50 planes of each aircraft type. The 25 Boeing aircraft and 25 Airbus aircraft are to
replace the Company’s international Boeing 747s and 767s. The Company estimates that it will reduce its fuel costs and carbon emissions from the
25 Boeing aircraft and 25 Airbus aircraft combined by approximately 33% compared with the aircraft they will replace, lower average lifetime
maintenance costs for the 25 Boeing aircraft and 25 Airbus aircraft combined by approximately 40% per available seat mile compared with the
aircraft they will replace, and enable service to a broader range of international destinations while providing customers with state-of-the-art cabin
comfort. The Boeing aircraft order is pursuant to a purchase agreement entered into by the Company and The Boeing Company in February 2010​
and the Airbus aircraft order is subject to the execution of a definitive written agreement that is expected to be finalized in the first quarter of 2010.

I found this on UAL 2009 annual report.

What does this help clarify?? Exchanging the planes? My eyes aren't as good as they once were? The orders were after the merger had commenced? Excellent news, our carbon footprint will decrease, GREAT Paycuts all around!!! Sorry, I'm just wondering what this is helping?

What does this help clarify?? Exchanging the planes? My eyes aren't as good as they once were? The orders were after the merger had commenced? Excellent news, our carbon footprint will decrease, GREAT Paycuts all around!!! Sorry, I'm just wondering what this is helping?

Uh, relacement a/c maybe??? Not growth, but to replace the 74, 77, 76???

Yogi

Can one of you UAL guys answer...was the 2003 CBA ratified by pilot vote or imposed by a bankruptcy judge?

Same question for 2005 Bankruptcy Exit LOA.

I was only showing what was in the UAL 2009 annual report.

no editorial here one way or the other.

Latest resources

Back