• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Letter of Intent to Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are there any 1st year Dudes flying the 777?? If they are, are they type rated in the 777?

One could probalby gove over to Emirate or one of those Middle East countries and be a walk on capt on the 777/767 or you name it. Word is they treat you like royalty.

Actually, I think tools like you have to wear a burka.

What is the general attitude about the VRF for 18 months? I am on reserves and fly 95+ hours a month, (at least for summer) don't mind a couple extra days off... Also I'm near the bottom and gotta put my money where my mouth is, if I keep my job because of guys taking the VRF I must do the same.

Estimate is for a loss in 2008 of $434,000,000.

Is this the worst loss in history or similar headliner news?

I am short the stock, so I kinda would like to know.

I wish the best for the industry, but might as well make some $$$ if I can

Is this the worst loss in history or similar headliner news?

I am short the stock, so I kinda would like to know.

I wish the best for the industry, but might as well make some $$$ if I can

Don't think so but data a litlle research into the 80 and early 90's might reveal more. If oil continues to rise, the stock will probably go lower. It went as low as 3 and some change after 9/11. It went so low that mgmt stopped the ESPP because "it wasn't worth it". A good portion of our loses are paper this year. Parking aircraft, ERW, furloughs, etc. All write-offs one way or another. The thing to notice is CAL's cash position. We increased our cash position almost $1B from the end of the 1st quarter to the end of the 2nd quarter. Estimates are for a $43M loss for the 2nd quarter.

Don't think so but data a litlle research into the 80 and early 90's might reveal more. If oil continues to rise, the stock will probably go lower. It went as low as 3 and some change after 9/11. It went so low that mgmt stopped the ESPP because "it wasn't worth it". A good portion of our loses are paper this year. Parking aircraft, ERW, furloughs, etc. All write-offs one way or another. The thing to notice is CAL's cash position. We increased our cash position almost $1B from the end of the 1st quarter to the end of the 2nd quarter. Estimates are for a $43M loss for the 2nd quarter.

Thanks for the info. And good luck to the hard working employees, who are victims of crude oil and fuel costs, NOT a poorly run airline.

With that said, Wall Street tends to think of earnings, and right now the airlines are all down. I would anticipate they all go down some more, hence my short sell on CAL.

Amongst the employees, is the 43M loss "in line with" what was expected or is this a shocker

If crude remains $125+, I see SWA stock taking a major hit once their hedges run out.

FYI

Last edited:
I'm telling ya brother, pray like hell! Don't get off that thing and come to our side. You guys hate it! This piece of crap, did you know the plane does this for us! This is the crappiest FMS I've seen. How do you guys do this! What a pig. Is it really maxed out, that never happens, we can climb almost unrestricted compared to this. Not one has ever said, This thing rocks! I sure don't want to bum you out, but the light twin isn't for everyone. I personally don't mind banging around the states. It's alright. This piece of crap, you guys work way too hard, I'm biddin back. The next system bid, I'm going back as an F/O. F this thing. I could go on, but you get it.

I needed a laugh, thanks. My only strategy is to delay, delay, delay.

Amongst the employees, is the 43M loss "in line with" what was expected or is this a shocker

FYI

You kidding, I'd be happy to only see a 43 million dollar loss with Fuel the way it is.

I wouldn't be surprised if that 43 million figure is a bit low though, but what do I know, I just work here.

I don't even care, I LOVE your name. CRJ's do suck. How about having to add power and pull breaks to turn on engine heat?? Don't the Canadians live in icing conditions? I would expect every piece of that plane to have it's own de-icing built in. How about heated seats, and yokes, and warming rudder pedals. Honestly, it's always freezing up there! Add power, c'mon!

Latest resources

Back