CAL Letter of Intent to Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tell me about it. :)

I'm just trying to decide which plane I go to if I get bumped off the bottom. Which can only happen if someone senior to me is displaced.

756 less control over schedule, more money, but don't think I'd like the lack of bunks over the pond. I'm leaning towards 737. What do you think?

No offense bud, but you're probably not going to have a chance...you're junior to me and I doubt the guys in my group on the 756 might even hold it.

Can anyone confirm that 143 have signed up for the early retirement offer?

Never heard that number, but that's a great start. The smart ones will bail with their A-fund while it's still there. 4th quarter results may have them running to the exits.

Never heard that number, but that's a great start. The smart ones will bail with their A-fund while it's still there. 4th quarter results may have them running to the exits.

Estimate is for a loss in 2008 of $434,000,000.

Actually that's pretty close to what I heard on my last trip. Something like 70 in EWR and 73 in IAH.

45 from the bottom, cautiously optimistic... pumping out apps and resumes...

Tell me about it. :)

I'm just trying to decide which plane I go to if I get bumped off the bottom. Which can only happen if someone senior to me is displaced.

756 less control over schedule, more money, but don't think I'd like the lack of bunks over the pond. I'm leaning towards 737. What do you think?

I'm telling ya brother, pray like hell! Don't get off that thing and come to our side. You guys hate it! This piece of crap, did you know the plane does this for us! This is the crappiest FMS I've seen. How do you guys do this! What a pig. Is it really maxed out, that never happens, we can climb almost unrestricted compared to this. Not one has ever said, This thing rocks! I sure don't want to bum you out, but the light twin isn't for everyone. I personally don't mind banging around the states. It's alright. This piece of crap, you guys work way too hard, I'm biddin back. The next system bid, I'm going back as an F/O. F this thing. I could go on, but you get it.

Are there any 1st year Dudes flying the 777?? If they are, are they type rated in the 777?

One could probalby gove over to Emirate or one of those Middle East countries and be a walk on capt on the 777/767 or you name it. Word is they treat you like royalty.

Latest resources

Back