Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rk772

Here we go STEELERS!!
500 were sent out. I received mine today. I'm about 490 something from the bottom.

Sorry to hear it. Good luck to all CAL furloughees. :(

CAL just posted an updated seniority list. I'm 467 from the bottom with a hire date of 03/06/07.

And just to clarify, these are not furlough letters. They are notices that Continental intends to furlough in the future. Federal and NJ State law require that CAL send these letters before any furloughs take place. They sent 500 out to cover their a$$ just in case the furloughs go that deep.

Last edited:
They are coming. They would not waste the money. Save your money now.

Will they rebid everyone?

Nothing is ever certain in this industry. Wait until the numbers come back from the ERW and the COLA's. Stranger things have happened. I don't think anybody is making any bets yet. There will be a sustem bid that has now been moved to August that will reflect how many people with take the EWR, COLA, LTVRF, etc.

I'm wondering if they'll rebid everyone too. It's going to cost a bunch to retrain everyone that gets bumped off their equipment by displaced pilots.

Ya, if I was very Jr. in that fancy triple thingy, I'd be nervous also. You guys might have to show up and work!!! Hopefully this doesn't come to fruition, but I also am waiting for the early retirement, cola before worrying. If the fuel drops all of this is off.

Latest resources

Back