CAL Junior Bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilottodd2 said:
I am a just an honest, hard working pilot with the right qualifications, but, once again, it seems like it is not WHAT you know, but WHO you know.

It is becoming evident that WHO you know can get you the interview, but to a large degree it's still WHAT you know and WHAT you've done that'll get you the job. Don't sweat it too much.

Thanks Cardinal and catIIIc, but both of you still confirm what I have said, It is WHO you know... I agree that once you are there, then you can shine with what you have accomplished, but I could have 3 PhD's, piloted the space shuttle, broken the sound barrier, saved 300 lives on an aircraft with no engines, on fire, in IMC to mins, and carried three uncouncious ladies on my back with a baby under each arm, just before the plane blew up, but since I dont know anyone at Continental, I cannot get an interview offer...

Like I said before, anyone wants to get my an interview, $1,000.00 in their pockets.

In the mean time, I am keeping my head held high, and trying not to step in the steaming piles at the same time.

pilottodd2...welcome to the club, you and about 15,000 other qualified applicants all want the same interview and all want to meet someone that flies for CAL. When there are thousands of applicants, how else is an airline going to screen applicants except through recommendations? Lets face it, qualified applicants with the attitude and personality to get hired are plenty...i guess the challenge is finding a way to get pulled out of the stack...good luck, I am in the same boat you are.

PilotTodd,

Welcome to the real world bro. And...............yeah keep your head out of the steaming piles.

The real world can really suck sometimes....
Oh well, Im still keeping the dirty side down, and keeping the faith.
Does anyone personally know anyone that has been invited for an interview? If so, what did they do to get it? Thanks

Latest resources

Back