• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Increasing Hiring Starting July

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dont know much about CAL... are you in contract negotiations? and if you are what are the main points that you are focused on to change in the future contract??? thanks

We are meeting to set up a protocall agrement. We will know more soon as to when the real negotiating will start. Main focus is Everything! There is alot of room for improvement on every section of the block of Swiss Cheese we call a contract.

I just heard that upgrades are happening very fast there. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Attention CAL future hopefuls...start saving every penny now. Sell the cars and move into low rent housing so that you may afford that first year.

Why didn't everyone say this about UPS and American??? UPS was less until about 5 months go. And there pay rates weren't out of site like they are now. Yes the 1st year rates suck at CAL, but other places were just as bad.

minrest said:
Our current contract, '02 is, with the exception of scope, a POS.

As a non-CAL affiliated regional pilot...please, PLEASE do not negotiate away scope in your upcoming contract. Look no farther than Delta, Airways, and United to see what happens when you let management outsource anything bigger than 50 seats...

As a non-CAL affiliated regional pilot...please, PLEASE do not negotiate away scope in your upcoming contract. Look no farther than Delta, Airways, and United to see what happens when you let management outsource anything bigger than 50 seats...

Dont worry I have yet to fly w/ someone who is willing to give up the bigger RJs to the regional feed. Most of the guys are pissed that we had 274 RJs to begin with. I dont see this pilot group giving up scope.

Attention CAL future hopefuls...start saving every penny now. Sell the cars and move into low rent housing so that you may afford that first year.

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure you can re-apply after being turned down. I think it's six months or a year.

If you don't work here, why do you care? We're not the lowest paid first year pilots, believe it or not but some do actually pay the same. We go to a whopping $30.57/hr on 1 Jul which is the same as some other airlines (www.airlinepilotcentral.com).

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back