Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL GUYS, PAY not as they stated in writting.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another non CAL pilot who is an expert on CAL.

If you make more in your current position than the same position at CAL then fire away. If you don't, than maybe you should come to CAL for the big bucks.

What airline isn't about saving money? I haven't seen any that say "Let's lose money so our pilots will work less days!"

As far as the planes we gave express jet. I hope we hold firm and will not allow any more jets to go to non CAL pilots. We need to maintain our scope and make sure any new planes come to CAL. The company wants bigger jets and as long as CAL pilots fly them then that's fine with me. I think our current MEC will not allow the mistake of RJ's to happen again at CAL.

I have a lot of friends that have gone over to CAL. None of them are happy with the decision, especially now. Apparently the PBS bidding system is so bad that seniority no longer exists with regard to bidding a monthly line of time.

Also, forget about taking a nice vacation. The minimum seven days off with a 4-day built on each side is practically a guarantee from what she told me.

And apparently the scabs are trying hard to stay in control, especially by getting the union to help fast track the age 65 limit.

It will pass, and when it does, it will be business as usual at CAL for another 5 years at least.

The age 65 rule passing has nothing to do with the scabs at CAL. It's a decision made in Washington DC, not at some scabs house in Houston.

I have vacation next month and got days off before it, as I asked for.

Please tell us all you know about CAL PBS. It's just what you heard from your friends who probably spend there days bitching about everything.
I bet they bitched at EXJ and they bitch now.

You're out of your league here so please stop before you make yourself look like a bigger fool.

just want what I feel I am owed.

There is a difference between what you are entitled too, and what you thought you were going to get. You are not losing anything, you are just not getting what you thought you would get. You are only owed whatever the contract says. If the letter you received was a mistake, and it sounds like it was, then forget about it and move on. Everyone makes mistakes.

Another non CAL pilot who is an expert on CAL.

If you make more in your current position than the same position at CAL then fire away. If you don't, than maybe you should come to CAL for the big bucks.

What airline isn't about saving money? I haven't seen any that say "Let's lose money so our pilots will work less days!"

As far as the planes we gave express jet. I hope we hold firm and will not allow any more jets to go to non CAL pilots. We need to maintain our scope and make sure any new planes come to CAL. The company wants bigger jets and as long as CAL pilots fly them then that's fine with me. I think our current MEC will not allow the mistake of RJ's to happen again at CAL.

Its not about the money. Its about liking the people you work with and being at a place that treats you with dignity and respect. I make plenty of money and would never go to CAL just because I could make more.

The guy above had a good post. All my friends at CAL are second guessing their choice to go there. Why do you think so many get there and then later apply to SWA?

I don't have to be a CAL expert to observe what is happening.

You made the comment about big bucks. If you make more now than you would at CAL, then you are making the big bucks. If not, then CAL would be the big bucks.

I agree, it's about job satisfaction. I like it here and have been at two other majors. Your results may vary.

I think our current MEC will not allow the mistake of RJ's to happen again at CAL.

ExpressJet and the RJs saved your butts at CAL. We were making you guys money while you guys were losing millions. And if you were furloughed, you were allowed to flowback and fly those dreaded RJs. A simple thank you would do instead of constant XJT and RJ bashing.

Oh, and your MEC. LOL. We all know how united they are.

I predict a CAL contract sometime in 2012. That will get you back to the 97 rates. You are in for a long negotiation, I'm sure.

ExpressJet and the RJs saved your butts at CAL. We were making you guys money while you guys were losing millions. And if you were furloughed, you were allowed to flowback and fly those dreaded RJs. A simple thank you would do instead of constant XJT and RJ bashing.

Oh, and your MEC. LOL. We all know how united they are.

I predict a CAL contract sometime in 2012. That will get you back to the 97 rates. You are in for a long negotiation, I'm sure.

Ahahaha...you got bumped down to a little gear pulling RJ b!tch FO.

That's what all of these idiotic posts are about. Have fun in that little 50 seater for the rest of your career. LOL

What a putz.

This cracks me up. If you have only been at XJT for a few years and you won't go to CAL, and still look for a "better" airline while you're there, you're nuts. It's a lot easier to leave CAL for another airline then it is from XJT. Why someone wouldn't make the move is beyond me.

First year pay does suck and no insurance for the first 6 months is total B.S. That will change, I guarantee it. I wish you could see our private message boards. That's one of the hottest topics. I also guarantee that our pay is going to go up substantially on the next contract. If it doesn't you will see pilots leaving everyday.

I don't think I am nuts. I will be making much more than you people at CAL and will have a better quality of life well before you will. That is my point.

A new CAL contract is literally years and years away. I say at least 4 to 5 years.

I will probably be on with Southwest, UPS or FedEx by then.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back