• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Fleet Plan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With all that said, I read on here also that if in the event of a merger the "new" contract had the United work rules....they would be short..immediately..any thoughts about this?

Yeah but with your Scope all those pilots that they would need goes right out the window. And don't think you will be able unring that bell.

It benefits the company greater to get it done now and hit the summer running than to drag it out.
motch

HAHAHAHAHA! Good one!

What benefits the company is keeping us in a POS concessionary contract as long as possible. Dragging it out, they get to keep abusing us with our lack of work rules. This summer? They are banking on double pumping everybody and flying us to the bone. I'm sure they wish we had a contract that wouldn't allow them to do that to us....:rolleyes:

Continental management doesn't want to give us a new contract. We have to MAKE them give us one. The sooner this pilot group understands that, the sooner we can fight for what is ours as a unified body.

Be cautious commuting on CAL this summer, they WILL have to cancel flights due to lack of crews......................

Be cautious commuting on CAL this summer, they WILL have to cancel flights due to lack of crews......................

No they wont, plenty of saviors flying in the right seat, padding and bragging about how big their paycheck is. It happens every summer.

Back to my furlough.

Cheers

No they wont, plenty of saviors flying in the right seat, padding and bragging about how big their paycheck is. It happens every summer.

Back to my furlough.

Cheers

100% correct. CAL will never ever have a crew cancellation as long as IAH CA's are avail for VJM in either seat. It's been a CAL tradition for 30 years. CALALPA is afraid to even speak openly about it. It's not changing any time soon.

DAL/JAL will force a merger. CO and UAL will be forced to merge to protect the pacific. Otherwise AA could make a play at the Pacific routes owned by UA leaving the combined UA/CO without a hub in Japan currently enjoyed by UA. Losing JAL from "one World" will hurt AA. My opinion only. Obviously a whole host of things could happen but I do believe DAL/JAL will get the mergermania going.

PS. This makes the guessing of who's hiring when a complete mystery.

DAL/JAL will force a merger. CO and UAL will be forced to merge to protect the pacific. Otherwise AA could make a play at the Pacific routes owned by UA leaving the combined UA/CO without a hub in Japan currently enjoyed by UA. Losing JAL from "one World" will hurt AA. My opinion only. Obviously a whole host of things could happen but I do believe DAL/JAL will get the mergermania going.

PS. This makes the guessing of who's hiring when a complete mystery.

Aside from wishful thinking, what gives you the idea those Pacific routes are in play?

Latest resources

Back