• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was also hired in March and have my first line in Dec. My EWR classmates have been holding lines since Aug. I hope this info helps.

It does, thanks! Seems like just a few months difference as far as holding a line on the 73 goes.

Do new hires bid position and dom or are they assigned?

4got2flare..Congrats on the job...Looks like we're both starting in the same Jan 03 class. Any insight as to what is going to be available as far as bases and a/c are concerned? Cheers

I received a message that stated the class on the 9th was all equipment including 777 (2). Nothing so far on the Jan 3rd class. I'm not even sure how many per class. Just looking forward doing being there day one.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Looking at the wrong date on the calander...... I start on the 2nd. Everything starts on a Tuesday. Sorry for the confussion.

Happy Landings

Last edited:
Careful on bidding the 777, you are looking forward to reserve for quite a while. If you live or plan on moving within reserve call in time, it may not be a bad deal. If you are gonna commute, consider it twice if you have a choice within the other equipment. Im not trying to preach to the choir or act like a big shot, just a piece of advice of someone who has been at CAL for almost 2 yrs and is relatively junior at 48% on the 737. Looking at my December bid schedule, you are gonna have to be really senior to have a decent quality of life with PBS. There are no guarantees with that either, but I wont get into detail because thats an entirely different thread. Good luck to every newhire and welcome to the family. No matter how incestious it is.

I received a message that stated the class on the 9th was all equipment including 777 (2). Nothing so far on the Jan 3rd class. I'm not even sure how many per class. Just looking forward doing being there day one.

Look forward to seeing you there.
I'm in the Jan.9th Class and I'm hearing the same thing. Each type of equipment available. Not sure how many positions per aircraft type.

Latest resources

Back