• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL cancelling CHQ flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why is CHQ leaving so many people behind on the CRJ? I have gone almost a year without bumping pax. On the usair side the ERJ145 seems to be the bird that is always load resticted.

The Jetblue flying we have been doing had less than a week to start up and we have done a pretty good job thus far considering its been out of LGA.

Talked with the XJT MEC Chair just a couple of days ago. According to him, the JetBlue operation has gone absolutely flawlessly from the first day. The more I see of ExpressJet, the more I'm impressed.

The Jetblue flying we have been doing had less than a week to start up and we have done a pretty good job thus far considering its been out of LGA.

Our first week with Frontier we had 100% completion factor with >90% ontime.
I'm not saying our CAL operation is without faults, (its pretty frustraiting from a pilot standpoint as the company didn't adequetly plan ahead), but the hard stand coupled with the obscenely slow boarding dictates bad numbers. As I said before, my last four day we were 100% ontime out of IAH and ontime about 30% of the time in IAH. That is ridiculous and none of the delays were because of us. I have been met with nothing but plesantness from the pilot group, but operationaly I think there is a lot of desire for us to be unsucessful.

Our first week with Frontier we had 100% completion factor with >90% ontime.
I'm not saying our CAL operation is without faults, (its pretty frustraiting from a pilot standpoint as the company didn't adequetly plan ahead), but the hard stand coupled with the obscenely slow boarding dictates bad numbers. As I said before, my last four day we were 100% ontime out of IAH and ontime about 30% of the time in IAH. That is ridiculous and none of the delays were because of us. I have been met with nothing but plesantness from the pilot group, but operationaly I think there is a lot of desire for us to be unsucessful.

Your right on with your last quote. Vegitarian started this thread because he's hopin he'll upgrade soon....sorry, aint gonna happen unless you take the ONT bid looser.

Why do we bump people....when a plane can only take off at 53K, you don't go over that. The FAA made our pax. to heavy, we carry a lot of fuel, the CRJ burns more than a 145. Any other questions?

The B pad sucks, I land 10 early and I gotta sit around waiting for a spot to open, then wait another 10 min for busses to show. My 45 min turn just turned into a hour, thats why we're late

From what I can see in ATL with those jet-Brasilias aka EMB145's there seems to be a serious load problem on a high percentage of flights, especially with summer weights. Faults it may have, however the CRJ-200 appears to be a much better aircraft all round, with reliability and maintenance as a big plus. Not to be overly critical, but the cockpit in that EMB thing is a total mess compared with the CRJ, too much stuff to look at! Even with full FMS/RNAV and ACARS capabilities fitted, the CRJ cockpit looks empty compared to the E145. What's wrong with this picture....comments anyone?

Maybe EMB scores better with their E170's and 190's.

Hats off to the 145/135 guys learning to decipher all those little boxes on their screens, and information popping up all over the dang place. Not a very user friendly design, but I guess you gotta work with what you get!

Money talks with the majors, no matter what when it comes to "connection" contracts, and we all keep sliding further into the abyss. When will they ever learn to invest in good equipment, support infrastructure, and more importantly their workforce? That is the root problem in the regional camp right now, and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

Example, what was Delta smokin' when they awarded more aircraft to Freedom recently, even though they were CRJ's? They want a "seamless experience" for passengers between a connection carrier and mainline-not going to happen in this case, never!
Nope, it's more bottoms in seats for as little cost as possible, that's the goal.

Last edited:

Opps!!:blush: Would you believe my if i said thats what i meant?:blush:

Your right on with your last quote. Vegitarian started this thread because he's hopin he'll upgrade soon....sorry, aint gonna happen unless you take the ONT bid looser.

Why do we bump people....when a plane can only take off at 53K, you don't go over that. The FAA made our pax. to heavy, we carry a lot of fuel, the CRJ burns more than a 145. Any other questions?

The B pad sucks, I land 10 early and I gotta sit around waiting for a spot to open, then wait another 10 min for busses to show. My 45 min turn just turned into a hour, thats why we're late

When you were waiting on your spot to open, was it because one of yalls other planes was late? Everytime i have been late because of a spot being taken was because a CHQ plane taking up the spot. Most of the time its a lack of crew. Thats the fault of your company not properly staffing you. Or the MX problems, i guess they arent giving you enough manpower to fix the problems either. Once again, i will say thats not the pilots fault. I have talked to a number of gate agents at a number of stations, that said the pilots are great but the operation sucks.

I am sure that your jetblue ops was doing good. Considering your are sticking with the E145 and flying like 5 airplanes. As stated above, our Frontier flying was 100% on our first month. Mostly because it was a E170 and we have been flying that airplane for 3.5 years.

Wake up!

PS...JFK ain't sh1t compared to LGA

This thread is case and point of why I can't wait to get out of the regionals. Why anyone would stay in this rat race for a career is beyond me.

It's so much fun to read another my daddy could beat up your daddy thread.

Latest resources

Back