Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

realmanofgenius

midget wih a big penis
heard it from the horses mouth last night in new york. seems the tagline says US/cactus..or similar. controller openly said it is creating havoc overseas in europe, the controllers don't know how to address the crews and vice versa....got to be the dumbest, most improper operational decision ever. what is a cactus? it is a f'ing desert plant. what is US Air? it's the name of an int'l airline...

What about all the charter birds and their call signs??? Not buying this, but it was a nice attempt..

Just so you all know what they did to us controllers that causing all the confusion....on the strips/radar, etc. its says USA(then your flight #). For decades USA has been spoken "USAir." But now they want us to start calling all USA labeled flights "Cactus" (which used to be AWE). The bottom line is its hard to teach old dogs new tricks. I have said USAir more than once this week. Course the pilots have also responded with "USAir," so I really don't feel too bad. But, this too, shall pass.....and all us dumb controllers who are stuck in the paradigm will figure it out and get a grip! Myself included. Pateince is appreciated!!

Just so you all know what they did to us controllers that causing all the confusion....on the strips/radar, etc. its says USA(then your flight #). For decades USA has been spoken "USAir." But now they want us to start calling all USA labeled flights "Cactus" (which used to be AWE). The bottom line is its hard to teach old dogs new tricks. I have said USAir more than once this week. Course the pilots have also responded with "USAir," so I really don't feel too bad. But, this too, shall pass.....and all us dumb controllers who are stuck in the paradigm will figure it out and get a grip! Myself included. Pateince is appreciated!!

It happens, and is expected. It's not really a big deal at all, though the original poster try to make it that, and he failed.

My wife is a controller in florida at one of the centers... it's a pain in the a$$ because the tracking id comes up as "USA" and they have all been calling that usair for ever. It's a pain now, but they'll get over it. it's just as dumb as BTA being jetlink.

i should read before i post.... LOL

UsAir guys please grow up. I am sick of listening to this crap on ATC while I'm trying to relax on a transcon.

Latest resources

Back