• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cactus Aug 16 class??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I studied the gouge I got off the net. http://www.willflyforfood.cc/Interviews.htm
Doesn't seem like it has changed a whole lot over the years. If you do the sim prep at K&S they will also give you a sheet with typical questions. But as all have said, it's very relaxed. Two assistant Chief pilots and a gal from H/R. They browsed through my logs, they weren't perfect and it didn't seem to matter. Drunk capt, below min ILS, TCAS going off, ya know, typical interview stuff. The lady from H/R had some questions relating to customer service and integrity. Technical stuff was limited to an approach plate. MSA circle, large arrow on plan view......I did spin out of control when he asked about being able to identify your position without DME or GPS. I got a little stressed out but they did a good job of calming me down. They were looking to see If I could figue out a timed approach.
All in all a very pleasant experience. The sim is deffinately the biggest hurdle, so if you have an interview coming up, the prep is a must.

The panel interview was more fun than stressful. I had a bunch of stories for the HR type questions and we spent a good deal of time just laughing and b.s.-ing

All the gouge you can dig up on aviationinterviews.com will be right on the money. Just hang loose in the sim instead of getting all wound up and you'll be just fine. The profile isn't difficult at all, it's just basic attitude stuff like you did for your instrument ticket. What worked best for me was memorizing the pitch and "o'clock" positions for each step in the profile. Don't worry about setting 1.23 epr and such, approx epr setting will get you close enough to perfect. Good luck and let us know how it goes.:D

What were the 'right' answers to the drunk, below ILS, and tcas or gpws questions...I imagine they just want to see how you would handle certain situations?!

skiav8tor said:
What were the 'right' answers to the drunk, below ILS, and tcas or gpws questions...I imagine they just want to see how you would handle certain situations?!
Those you're going to have to come up with on your own. If we start posting personal answers on boards like this, it won't be long before they realize that everyone they're interviewing is answering their questions the same way. That's going to make you look stupid and won't help you get the job. Just answer truthfully and logically keeping safety and honesty in mind and you'll be fine.

Saabslime has a good point and you do have to come up with your own solutions. But the main point is that AWA looks at you as a Captain in training and they want to make sure you are going to stick to your guns and make sure the capt doesn't do anything stupid or illegal. They want to make sure you have the ba!!s to confront a captain when it comes to safety issues. During my interview, I made mention that I would hate to "Rat" out a captain for a drinking issue. One of the assistant C.P.'s doing the interview said you wouldn't be "ratting" on the captain, but you'd probably be saving his career.......well said!

I appreciate the info...I had figured the answers that you and saabslime had given were going to be what they were. I do know that they want to see 'who' you really are...I feel extremely lucky to have the opportunity just to have AWA look at me, let alone have the interview. I know what confidence level I have, and now it's time for AWA to see...I hope to see you in PHX

Hey fellers.... for those of you about to interview:

Make sure you get your money's worth out of the sim prep course. The reason I say this is that I just had my PC three days ago and the checkairman was going to be one of the sim evaluators this week. He told me that the Company thinks that too many guys are "squeaking through" the sim eval. The min score is 7 out of 10 and they have been told to tighten things up and not let some marginal guys/gals through. Evidently there has been some training problems when it came to the sim. My recommendation (from personal experience) is to schedule the sim prep no more than a day or so before the interview (preferably the night before)and use K&S since they use the exact sim for the prep as you will on the sim eval.

Best of luck to all.

Pondscum said:
Hey fellers.... for those of you about to interview:

Make sure you get your money's worth out of the sim prep course. The reason I say this is that I just had my PC three days ago and the checkairman was going to be one of the sim evaluators this week. He told me that the Company thinks that too many guys are "squeaking through" the sim eval. The min score is 7 out of 10 and they have been told to tighten things up and not let some marginal guys/gals through. Evidently there has been some training problems when it came to the sim. My recommendation (from personal experience) is to schedule the sim prep no more than a day or so before the interview (preferably the night before)and use K&S since they use the exact sim for the prep as you will on the sim eval.

Best of luck to all.

That's really F ucked up!!!!

WD.

Saabslime said:
I have done my homework on this company PHXFLYR. Good company and getting better in my opinion.

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

Sorry couldn't help myself

I was there for 3 years, son you better know what you are getting yourself into.

Latest resources

Back