Cactus Aug 16 class??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Saabslime;

Seems that in your haste to "further your flying career" ,you didn't do your homework. AWA hasn't covered hotel expenses for new hires in years. If your'e
so put out about having do so, perhaps staying put at your current employer
might be the better thing to do. Lots of people I know who have gone to AWA
have had "buyer's remorse" shortly after hiring on

PHXFLYR:cool:

cactuspilot said:
saabslime, that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Please elaborate. Either here or pm me.
Do they at least pay you during training?

yes I think it is whatever the average FO in the company has as they're credit will be your salary throughout ground school.How much flight time did you have when you received the call for interview

Saabslime said:
Please elaborate. Either here or pm me.
Do they at least pay you during training?

First year pay is $38/hr and guarantee during training is based on Average Line Value, currently around 90 hours/month. No per-diem during training. Health benefits begin after three months. Jumpseat priviledges are immediate while regular nonrev priviledges begin after two weeks.

(AWA) Dude

TWA Dude. Thanks a million. I've been searching all morning for this info.

I have done my homework on this company PHXFLYR. Good company and getting better in my opinion. This is the only area I didn't have any info on. Simply having to pay for a hotel isn't going to prevent me from going to work there. The pay during training however would be a whole different matter. Simply couldn't afford to not have an income for 3-4 months. Since that isn't the case I'm really looking forward to getting started. From your previous posts on AWA you sound like you have a bone to pick with them. Bad experience there? Or are you just going by what a "buddy" has to say?

skippy767 said:
Everybody that is going to class in August can you guys post your stats?

Total time, turbinetime, PIC, how many LORS, timne from app to interview,
Total time: ~5300
Turbine: ~3900
Pic: ~2800, ~1800 turbine 121

I had one LOR from my brother-in-laws dad who works in their quality assurance department. Approx 3 months from resume to app. Once they recieved the app, about 4 weeks for a call to interview with 5 days notice! Start class just over a month from interview date so it happens pretty fast.

(AWA) Dude--"Average Line Value" Where have I heard that before? ;)

Hope you're having fun. Take care.TC

I think the reason that we don't pay for hotels is because we have only one pilot base. They assume that if you want to work here that you will move to PHX. If you choose to commute, that's your choice.

At a lot of airlines they put you in a hotel because you have no idea what your domicile will be until you are in training and then it may be on the other side of the country.

As for the guy that said "buyers remorse" I haven't met one yet including myself. Yes, we don't all hold arms together like the jetBlue or SWA guys, but it's a great company and beats the heck out of my old job.

By the way, we were one of four airlines to post consecutive quarterly profits.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back