Cactus Aug 16 class??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cactuspilot said:
Guppie, you are correct about a few things. The training at cactus is among the best. The pilots are among the best too, in and out of a jet. Great F/A's too. Great Maint people too.
I got there with a big smile on my face, left 6 yrs. later with an even bigger smile.
I'm no math wizard but isn't 49% almost half of 100? Don't be so naive.
Where were you when DP told the pilots that things wouldn't change and to leave if they didn't like it? Boy, I would want a refund if that was all I learned in business school. Go Team!!
I would guess there were about 50 of us left in the last couple years, not because we were good or smart....just real lucky.
These new guys can figure it out for themselves, i'm not going to bs them.
That's my last post on this subject.
cactuspilot,

I'm naive, because a SWA F/O makes more money than I do? Yikes! I guess you would get a bigger smile on your face if Alaska hired you? For you well being, I hope they are hiring.

I guess I'm fortunate that I don't need a group hug every day or the third biggest paycheck amongst my peers to be satisfied with my career. More money would be nice, but I won't lose sleep over it. I did my part, I voted no.

You won't bs them? The only thing they can gather about AWA from your post is they make less than a SWA pilot.

One thing we can agree about is 49% is nearly half of 100. However, if 49% represents the difference between SWA and AWA pilot payscales, you need a new calculator.

Last edited:
TWA Dude said:
Good joke. Ooops, you weren't joking. You're on your own here.(AWA) Dude
What, what, what, no "Henry the VIII" motel!?!? Outraged. ;-)

I wonder if that new rwy 12R will be over the sacred grounds..

flynAAvy,

Guess I'll be seeing you Monday. That makes at least three out of the twelve in the class that frequent this board. Looking forward to doing the brain dump of Boeing stuff and 'going French'.

TT: 4700
PIC: 2500
Turbine: 1250
Type: 757/767

Furloughed from Hawaiian (Nearly 4 years there), then spent last nine months flying Navajos out of Fairbanks Alaska.

I had two friends who are Captains at AWA bring in my resume around Christmas. Got the app in April, Call in May, Interview in June, Class this Monday (July 26th).

I did the sim prep with three others. Two didn't pass the sim, the other failed at the interview. There was a second group that may have done the sim prep the day earlier as there was a total of eight interviewing the same day as me. I don't know how the other four fared. It was all straight out of gouge available everywhere.

HAL vbmenu_register("postmenu_380417", true);

AA717driver said:
(AWA) Dude--"Average Line Value" Where have I heard that before? ;) Hope you're having fun. Take care.TC
They have different terms for everything here but I just stick to what I know. And I'll check my JXCAP after every trip. BTW, remember how on an autoland on the 717 the FO had to call out "Align, Flare, Retard, Rollout"? On the Bus here the only callouts are "NO Flare" and "NO Rollout". I have to clamp my mouth shut (no comments!) to keep from calling "Flare" cause if I do the captain will probably go-around. *sigh* Later dude. Take care of those special passengers of yours.

Lodging during AWA training

Guys,
There are a number of short term furnished apartments around the PHX airport. I stayed in one during my training when I was with HP. Not the nicest, but a better environment to study in than a crash pad. If you have wheels that may be an alternative.

PM me if you want and I'll look in the phone book for you.

I also start AWA on the 26th.

Pt. 135 background
5200 tt
4000 pic
1800 jet
2800 turbine

I know about a dozen pilots at AWA, had four F/O's walk resume's in early in the year, Feb I think. Got app late April/early May, got call two weeks later for late June interview. I believe I interviewed with six that day, and from what I can tell, only two of us got an offer. Three muffed the sim, one the pannel. I am leaving a good job, but based on what all my friends say, its a great place to be, especially if you live in PHX as I do. I have a close friend who will also be in the 26th class, similar background as I. I here there will be a furloghed AA/TWA guy with 757/767 experience in the class also. Looking forward to school and meeting all that have posted on this board.

Who puts you up?

Southwest puts new hires in the Renisannce hotel. It is very nice and they pay you at the rate of 6 trips a day.

xrated,

Do you know if the guys that blew the sim had done the prep with K&S or anybody?...

I think everyone who interviewed the day I did took the prep. Two of the three that blew the sim took the prep twice. Looked like they had confidence issues. No doubt about it, the sim profile is difficult, but doable if you relax.

xrated,

What other insight can you give me about the board interview?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back