• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

C90B vs F90

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most E-90's use the -28 engines (the same as on the A100). Bandit, how could you have flown the 100 and still think the F90 was the worst of them?

The -28s produce 680 max and 620 cruise hp, and of all the hot sections we have had done (C90A, A100, and 200) the -28's are always the cheapest, and in the best shape.

Last edited:
CapnVegetto said:
How about an E90? C90 airframe and wings with F90 engines? Is that right?? I'm not quite sure, but I've heard numerous people say that was the best 90 model ever made.

I have flown most of the KA models. And based on personal experience the E is not better than the C. The advanced C like the -1 or C90B are better than the E90. The E has a higher GW than the C, but it also has a higher empty weight. So it all comes out in the wash.

mike1mc said:
I have a customer looking to purchase a King Air. We were originally looking at an older C90B, but also considered the idea of an F90 to take advantage of the higher TAS. Can anyone offer any pros/cons for either? Ideally we are looking for something in the $1.1M range (hence the older aircraft), but I know realistically we can be looking to spend as much as $1.5M. We already manage/charter a 2000 C90B.

While you might go a bit faster in an F, I don't see it as an advantage since you're going to have a relic airframe.

Buy the newer airframe. You'll be MUCH happier during the time of ownership in addition to when you sell it.

Forget all the 90's. Look at 200's you can probably get them in the same price range, albeit a slightly earlier one. Bigger is better.

F90-1

I flew for a company that had serial# LA-206. That was a rocketship. I loved that plane. Too bad the company fiddle farted it's finances and lost all of our planes. We had a 58P Baron also. That is a sweet plane too. My only other experience with Kingair(s) has been BE200, E-90 and A100. All are great planes for corporate use. A pleasure to fly.

jergar999 said:
Most E-90's use the -28 engines (the same as on the A100). Bandit, how could you have flown the 100 and still think the F90 was the worst of them?

The -28s produce 680 max and 620 cruise hp, and of all the hot sections we have had done (C90A, A100, and 200) the -28's are always the cheapest, and in the best shape.

Read what I said.. I said that next to the A100 the F90 was the was the worst. Meaning that the A100 tops my list of the worst kingair that I have flown.

msw said:
Forget all the 90's. Look at 200's you can probably get them in the same price range, albeit a slightly earlier one. Bigger is better.

AMEN!!!!!!

One other option to getting an F-90 is a C90/A/B and get the TRAD Conversion (Turbine Research And Development). Most people haven't heard of it, but it is similar to the BlackHawk conversion but instead of the -135's they are -35's. We have a C90A with it and it will true at 260 KTAS. The difference b/t the two conversions is -135 are 750 SHP and the -35's are derated to 550 SHP. But the cool thing is the max ITT is 805. That makes for easy summer taxi and T/O and you will never really reach that temp unless it's hot up high and you have the ice vanes open. At FL190-FL200 you will run out of N1 before you reach the max ITT. Fuel burn is 300-350 lbs/side for the t/o and climb and stays in that range until 15000 or so, b/c you keep boosting the power to keep the torque. You can get burn down to 250 lbs/side at about FL200 and, or course, even lower up high.
But, after having said all that, you might end up in the same situation like the Blackhawk conversion and not be able to get your money out of it. Good luck!

ASOLO

Latest resources

Back