• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

C130j Rvsm?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey, Slacker, I just saw your picture on a greeting card. It looked very . . . . . nice.

C-130J: Slacker you are correct!

C-130J will be RVSM compliant witht he block 6.0 upgrade. Fleet due completion by first quarter CY 10.

RNP-4 compliant with block 7.0 (FY 2011) and CPDLC/FANS capable with block 8.0( fFY 2013).

With all that the aircraft will be 30/30 compliant.

the military *IS* exempt from RVSM requirements. A lot of their long haul stuff (heavies, tankers, etc) are equipped/certified, but any military planes non-rvsm equipped may fly in RVSM airspace if atc chooses to allow it (ie. workload permitting, since, then 2k sep will be required).

I'm jealous.... the highest I've ever flown my leaky-E model was 27...

In 1987 I took a leaky E-model to FL310 off the coast of France during one of their (many) ATC strikes. Talk about hanging on the props! But it had to be done to get back to Moldyhole.

Two years later coming out of Stockholm near empty, we were comfortably at FL 290, and the engineer said we could 'prolly make 330. Asked the controller, and we were DENIED!!! Don't need no stinking prop-trash garbaging up the central european airspace.
Drats.

C-130J will be RVSM compliant witht he block 6.0 upgrade. Fleet due completion by first quarter CY 10.

You can tell the 6.0 birds are the one's with painted markings around the critical pitot-static area. As far as I can tell, 6.0 did not include any hardware changes to the altimetry systems, it just coincided with the "certification" of the Air Data Computer, autopilot etc.

You can tell the 6.0 birds are the one's with painted markings around the critical pitot-static area. As far as I can tell, 6.0 did not include any hardware changes to the altimetry systems, it just coincided with the "certification" of the Air Data Computer, autopilot etc.

Certification, along with GPWS terrain feature like the airliners have.

I cannot believe no one has bashed the J model yet!

Certification, along with GPWS terrain feature like the airliners have.

I cannot believe no one has bashed the J model yet!

The J doesn't have GPWS. I believe you must be thinking of TAWS. And the J sucks- the air conditioners make me too cold in the summer. does that make you happy dftl?

Latest resources

Back