C130j Rvsm?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
does that make you happy dftl?

;) I thought you knew him better than that! ;)

I agree one hot Mississippi summer I was cold as hell from the A/C didn't help that my BDU's were soaked in sweat.

That ain't nothin'....

Every time you say that you make Jake smile...you love Jake.

GPWS..TAWS...whatever the f*ck we call it...it does the same frickin thing. And we are supposed to get the terrain shading are we not?
Not like you staff pukes will ever get close to terrain! AAA HA HA. DRAY made me say it

I'm gonna bash the J model too...

"I HATE that POS smaller microwave in the stretch version....."

Last edited:
Every time you say that you make Jake smile...you love Jake.

GPWS..TAWS...whatever the f*ck we call it...it does the same frickin thing. And we are supposed to get the terrain shading are we not?
Not like you staff pukes will ever get close to terrain! AAA HA HA. DRAY made me say it

I'm gonna bash the J model too...

"I HATE that POS smaller microwave in the stretch version....."

I love making Jake smile!

GPWS & GCAS are very similar. TAWS is completely different. As a staff puke, I should be asking you if we are supposed to be getting the terrain shading. But, yes that's what TAWS is. At least this staff puke knows what equipment is on the plane.

The new microwave sucks. I want the jumbotron on the stubbies. Also, can we get an approach plate holder worth a crap. For f#ck sake, how much would a C-130 cost with a freaking approach plate holder that I could see or held a freaking book?!??!

Back in the late '60s the Navy got an empty Q model up to FL440. Q is basicly an E with -16 (same as -15) motors.

I love making Jake smile!

GPWS & GCAS are very similar. TAWS is completely different. As a staff puke, I should be asking you if we are supposed to be getting the terrain shading. But, yes that's what TAWS is. At least this staff puke knows what equipment is on the plane.

The new microwave sucks. I want the jumbotron on the stubbies. Also, can we get an approach plate holder worth a crap. For f#ck sake, how much would a C-130 cost with a freaking approach plate holder that I could see or held a freaking book?!??!

GPWS on commercial aircraft have terrain modeling. Trust me..I flew one the other day...except they call it EGPWS..the E allows them to add the features but not rename it, reprint books, and pay the manufacturer millions for a system that does the same thing but has a new name.
I havent touched a J model since Oct and my brain has been flooded with MD88 information..so forgive me if I forget the name of the system that does the same thing as the one with the other name!

And I cant believe you are complaining about APP plate holder. YOU of all people...you always take it off the yoke!

I bet the AF didnt include that in the contract. Just like they kept the old POS Quick dons..which, BTW...I dont believe anyone can actually don in 5 secs. (FAA)

The jumbotron you refer to was a staple of my childhood. Trek up to 7-11...spend $3 on comic books, candy, a MASSIVE GULP drink and a crappy microwave cheeseburger which was heated in that same Jumbotron microwave. aaah the days....
and whatever remained was deposited into the pinball machine. First Supersonic, then KISS, then replaced with Robotron video game. Then...Dig Dug..and it all went downhill.......

Latest resources

Back