• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

C-337s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Never out run a citation, however, the Riley SuperSkyrockets give performance similar to C90's, at significantly lower cost per hour. Smaller, but fast.

climbs like a rocket, too.

http://www.superskyrocket.com

Several things to look at, consider.

1. corrosion. These are all old airframes, and like any airplane of these vintages, corrosion must be addressed.
2. Flap Cables. There have been some incidents of flap cables breaking, and in all instances when going from partial to full flaps, resulting in split flaps. Replacing the flap cables regularly is the best insurance.
4. There is an AD for spar inspection. There was one break up, and it is a recurring AD.
5. Landing gear. The gear is hydraulic, with bunches of actuators, all sequenced by micro-switches. Make sure the switches are in good shape, properly adjusted. Otherwise, you may end up with gear that won't go down, or doors that won't retract. The main gear doors are huge clamshells.

Other than that, enjoy and go fly. www.337skymaster.com is full of information.

No, in my un-turbo model, SE ceiling, front is like 5K. SE ceiling rear, is 9K. SE front climb is 200, SE rear climb is 350. The turbo, and pressurized versions can hold 14K on either engine.
More data on the big engine versions can be found at www.superskyrocket.com
also some history.

however, during gear retract, because of the barn doors at the back, there is no SE climb, and in fact is -250 during the portion of the retact cycle when doors are open. One of the cautions is that if SE, maintain altitude, extend the gear, and then descend. On take off, opposite of every other plane, you do not "clean it up" if you have an engine failure. Keep the gear out, gain lots of altitude, then if you want to put them away, do so. However, if you lose an engine at take off, best bet is to leave them out.

Gear extension speed is 140 max, but once down, you can go right up to 190. That's because all the doors close up, and there is nothing hanging out except the wheels and their legs.

Last edited:
You mentioned only one break-up which is an impressive record.(unless you happened to be the one) Any details on the cause? Would this record include the military version? Did you read recently of one going in after take-off? Any information on this accident? I believe I read there was speculation that it might have been a failed seat track.Are there any other mechanical issues that have caused accidents.Thanks for any information.

prebuy inspection for 337

Any recomendations on the best shop or mechanic for a prebuy inspection? Central U.S. would be prefered. Thanks.

Oh, I know they won't catch a citation..I was making a joke about a post from what seems like ages ago.

I thought at least FalconCapt would remember.

At least Vampires prefer 337's to other aircraft.

Latest resources

Back