C-17 lands at wrong airport.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can see their confusion. 3500' vs. 11000'

The Capt aircraft commander will promptly be promoted to Maj and named Chief of Stan Eval next month!! More to follow!!

Screw up. move up!!!

I just read that there 19 crew members on this airplane!

I thought the C-17 just needed two pilots and a loadmaster.

I had the happiness of being an observer on the flight deck of a special purpose C-130 a few times, years ago. I vividly recall that they were carrying extra crewmembers who's main function seemed to be to talk contentiously throughout the flight.

I wonder if there were 23 people yaking away during their approach.

In any case, I hope the pilots have a strong sponsors, they will need them.

I was in DFW (taxiing to 17R) when an Air Force 737 landed there but was supposed to be at JRB Fort Worth. The comments from the peanut gallery on ground freq were pretty funny.

I'll have to forward this to an old neighbor of mine. He's in his mid-nineties, and still sharp. He once told me about his initial training in the B-17, during which he mistakenly touched down on the same Davis Is. runway at night, only to quickly realize his mistake. He was able to get back airborne and complete the quick trip across Tampa Bay and landed at MacDill. It was the early to mid forties, and his excursion went either unnoticed or was ignored, so he and his crew finished training and he survived dozens of missions over Germany.

Amazing video... I wonder if they've had the seat cushions replaced yet.

Was no mistake, this is all running together now from this administration. Remember the military doing exercises in the streets of St.louis and other towns across America. This no doubt is part of the strategy to try getting military into small town America and getting us used to seeing it.

The windscreens were probably fogged over, just like the F-16 incident at KOSH last year;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back