• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bye Bye Freedum!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Scope is always for sale. It's because of the seniority system. The more senior you get, the less you care about whats below you.

Negotiations will go something like... Hell NO! We want scope and pre911 pay. The company will say, we'll give pre 911 pay if we get scope. The pilots will then say OK

Last edited:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/principle
Looks like you need to look this one up. Just another gutless excuse-making... "well someone was gonna do it, might as well been me" airline pilot. Way too many of those out there these days.

Sure, voting NO at a BK contract won't do anything to you or the company. Really? Ask the Mexicana guys what just happened. They are closing shop, and closing shop at their LCC (Click) and their CRJ operator (Mexicana Lite). Ah, it could NEVER happen to me, right????? Get with the program dude, the BK judge did whatever the company wanted, and most saw that and went with it. BK sucks, and you probably know from your own experience with it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Sorry Gen. As much as you want it not to happened, 120 seat or less will be our's. Not that I want it, but you and your alpa will give it away. So will CO/Ua.

LOL!!! Thanks for the laugh. Wow. 120 seats or less, right? Whew! You sure dream big. Too bad that's NOT the way it looks now. Many factors are against you there, including changes to FAA work rules and fatigue rules (thanks to the Colgan crash), better finances at the legacies (no BK judges to help you this time), and better leverage from other legacies to help bring up pay and benefits due to mergers. (just watch the CAL/UAL deal). Is this what Brad Holt or Jerry keep telling you guys? All this while some of your CR9s are going to VIETNAM??? Really? Are you going to go? With the high pay there (compared to the local Viet Kong anyway), you may actually make some prostitute say to you "me so horney", even with your looks. Regarless if you are a total dweeb who can't even think straight. Keep dreamin and aiming for the sky (that's what he said)----someday though you might have a shot at comedy, or at least making a girl laugh (or a boy) when he/she sees you naked.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Reason, go look at Ntsb 08/24. E190 in China (Yichum) crash. Why are they keeping it hus, hus. 42 killed. Main line, 4 leg day, to much flying for them.

That was a mainline carrier in China? I don't think so. It was a local carrier that fed larger ones---so I think they call that a "regional" in every other part of the World. Did they really keep it "hus hus?" And did you say it was "two" much flying for them? Are you stoned?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Scope is always for sale. It's because of the seniority system. The more senior you get, the less you care about whats below you.

Negotiations will go something like... Hell NO! We want scope and pre911 pay. The company will say, we'll give pre 911 pay if we get scope. The pilots will then say OK

You are forgetting about a lot of things. Sure, there are senior guys out there that don't care much about scope. But, a lot of them also commute, especially for CAL to the armpit bases of CLE, IAH, and EWR. If they do commute, what do you think they commute on? I bet there is a good chance they commute on 50 seat ERJs, and I bet they are tough to get on in the Summer. Those same routes used to be 737s a few years ago, but now they are ERJs or DH8-400s now. That makes a lot of pilots really mad. And, remember that the combined MECs put this out together early on--meaning it is a hot issue for them. If they brought it up in normal negotiations, then maybe it could be a back burner issue, but putting it out to the public in a press release is fairly substantial. Also, the bottom 2/3s of each of the airlines (CAL/UAL) have been affected one way or the other with parking planes (94 733s were parked at UAL--how many downgrades does that equal?? CAL dumped a bunch of 737-500s too and replaced them with Colgan Dash 8s). Pilots don't forget that, even for a pay raise. The MECs know that, and that is why they shot the first shot across the bow----to get the point across that it is time to regain scope. The MEC members won't retire for awhile, so they will be hearing it for awhile if they fail, and they have the leverage now not to fail---Wall St won't allow it.

BTW, the rumor was out there that DL management offered a 22% immediate pay raise to Dalpa inexchange for 100 seaters at DCI. Apparently that didn't fly, and they (DL)turned around and sold Compass and Mesaba. (and tried to sell Comair too) I know you hope that is wrong, but I don't think it is this time.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Freedom landed at that big airport in the sky at 2300CDT

BTW, the rumor was out there that DL management offered a 22% immediate pay raise to Dalpa inexchange for 100 seaters at DCI. Apparently that didn't fly, and they (DL)turned around and sold Compass and Mesaba. (and tried to sell Comair too) I know you hope that is wrong, but I don't think it is this time.

Bye Bye--General Lee

All it takes is the majority vote. A lot of mainline guys have lost a lot of money the last decade and their number is coming up. If they sweeten the deal I'm sure management will get their way. As it was said before, it just makes sense that in the future domestic flying will be replaced by 100 seat jets especially if fuel prices continue to rise. Management will fight to get the lowest possible bidder to fly those jets. If those happen to be mainline pilots, then so be it.

All it takes is the majority vote. A lot of mainline guys have lost a lot of money the last decade and their number is coming up. If they sweeten the deal I'm sure management will get their way. As it was said before, it just makes sense that in the future domestic flying will be replaced by 100 seat jets especially if fuel prices continue to rise. Management will fight to get the lowest possible bidder to fly those jets. If those happen to be mainline pilots, then so be it.

Well, again, not really. Most of the Delta guys that were about to retire before the BK did retire, and took their lump sum. That left a lot of junior Delta pilots, and they are the majority when it comes to the combination of DL and NWA. There are some FNWA guys about to retire though, but not more than half of their pilots. So, the majority still hate RJs. Sorry.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yeah, the a**hole has emb time that gave him the experience to get to big D. Now he slams his roots! What a dick!

You are forgetting about a lot of things. Sure, there are senior guys out there that don't care much about scope. But, a lot of them also commute, especially for CAL to the armpit bases of CLE, IAH, and EWR. If they do commute, what do you think they commute on? I bet there is a good chance they commute on 50 seat ERJs, and I bet they are tough to get on in the Summer.

2 Jumpseats available pal on ExpressJet aircraft available to 121 pilots. As long as you can walk down the jetway we can get you on. Even in the summer.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back