Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Business Week: Double Digit Inflation in 2009 (bye bye more jobs)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Show me where the republicans have not gotten us way over our head in debt every single year during their leadership since Ronald Reagan. The only years with decreasing deficits and surpluses were during the clinton administration. 8 of the last 28 years were the only ones where there seemed to be a turn in the tide. The numbers don't lie. The republican parties platform of lower taxes for increase revenue and fiscal responsibility is a hoax. It isn't the reality of their policies at all.

I'm not gonna say that the Republicans of the last 5 years aren't to blame (their policies are the ones you speak of), but giving Clinton credit for the surplus conveniently forgets that the Gingrich revolution passed those budgets Clinton signed. Contract with American ring a bell (the first part of it was The Fiscal Responsibility Act)? Newt gets more credit than Clinton for that.

Last edited:
These problems go deeper than the credit/housing/oil melt down. It is the way America conducts business. Until their is strenghtening of the middle class that hold up this economy in multiple ways this country will not dig itself out of this hole. Some will blame the government. Some will blame illegal aliens. Then there is outsourcing, and the global economy. I think it is all of the above.

I actually think of what is going on in China with increased labor costs as a benefit. But that is just one thing, and my opinion.

I don't think it is simply the raising or lowing of taxes that will get of out of this. It is how we spend those taxes, and how we live our lives that will determine how long this lasts. I mean fek... all this talk and we are still denying we are in a recession.

Until their is strenghtening of the middle class that hold up this economy in multiple ways this country will not dig itself out of this hole..

Well, it's about to get a whole lot worse. Wall Street is now anticipating tax increases as a result of an Obama administration and a democratic Congress. Money managers are now increasing flows in to tax free municipal bonds backed by states that aren't in trouble (sorry California).

Oh yeah, and that money flow - it's owned by middle class America. With higher taxes, outrageous fuel costs and an Obama administration, you get what you want.

Obama for president.
Moderate Republicans for congress. Get your morals out of my government and i'm good w/ your rhetoric.

problems solved.

Your Elected Officials At Work

Think your elected officials have yours and your country's interests at heart. Take a look at the article in the Wash Post about Swiss Energy Trader, Vitol. They did 11% of the business that is under the watchful eye of the CFTC at the NYMX. Vitol is a private firm, and we have no way of knowing who their clients are, but it doens't take a genius to figure out the major oil producers around the world are probably at the head of the table.

Goldman and Morgan Stanley have a subsidiary called ICE that does the same thing. Vitol and ICE will be major investors of a new CFTC-unregulated exchange in Dubai. That's great, the price of oil will be determined in the middle east, and if Russia doesn't feel it's getting the most bang for it's buck on oil trading there, it can just continue to escalate these conflicts until eventually the price of oil will trade where they want it to. What a way to slowly put the US on the back burner, as these 3rd world dictator and police states control commodity prices.

And yes, it all effects the airline business' in the free world.

:pimp:

This thread got a whole lot better after post #39.

IndyFA, Lowcur, the guy with the Audi TDi car in his avatar (sorry, serious lust, didn't get your name... ;) )--all put a piece of the puzzle together.

The strings on our lives are being pulled by people behind the curtain all over the world. It's ALL about money--personal enrichment and NOTHING about doing the right thing for your constituents and neighbors.

The goal of those in power is to push the middle class down as close to the lower class without crashing the system. (These are the same people who have crashed the system before--S&L, Enron, Global Crossing, Mortgage Crisis, etc.) They didn't know when to say when before and they still don't.

In 1994, they realized it will take more to distract us than sports and cheap beer. Now, we're so deep in debt that we don't have time to think, let alone analyze why we're in this mess.

Like ACL65Pilot, I'm looking for my exit strategy. I don't think the Bahamas are far enough away... :( TC

^^

I dunno, Canada's looking real good lately...they just enjoy their beer and the fact that the whole planet likes 'em. They're kind of like Stifler.

This thread got a whole lot better after post #39.

IndyFA, Lowcur, the guy with the Audi TDi car in his avatar (sorry, serious lust, didn't get your name... ;) )--all put a piece of the puzzle together.

The strings on our lives are being pulled by people behind the curtain all over the world. It's ALL about money--personal enrichment and NOTHING about doing the right thing for your constituents and neighbors.

The goal of those in power is to push the middle class down as close to the lower class without crashing the system. (These are the same people who have crashed the system before--S&L, Enron, Global Crossing, Mortgage Crisis, etc.) They didn't know when to say when before and they still don't.

In 1994, they realized it will take more to distract us than sports and cheap beer. Now, we're so deep in debt that we don't have time to think, let alone analyze why we're in this mess.

Like ACL65Pilot, I'm looking for my exit strategy. I don't think the Bahamas are far enough away... :( TC
Read something interesting on the CFTC. Seems there are 5 commissioner's appointed by guess who? Yeah, GW, with the Senate confirming one of them as Chairman. You think it's just a coincidence that the CFTC, GW, energy czar are all saying it's just supply and demand driving the price of oil?

Sure we need to drill at this point, but we also need all the other options available including having officials who are not skewing the price of oil for the benefit of special interests. Nobody seems to have the total interest at heart of this great nation, and that's where gov't has failed us.

One thing is for sure, we are headed for a deep recession or depression, and all of these people are complicit for putting the special interests ahead of the good of this country.

:pimp:​

Last edited:
All they have to do is pander to the fundamentalists again. You know, the morons that think the earth is 6000 years old.

Wave the anti-gay and anti-abortion flags, question his patriotism and voila, another four years of McBush.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back