Business Cards?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

erjguy

Okay, this is a weird one. I am a new hire, so I am still new to answering the question of "What do you do?", when a girl asks me in a bar. Now, we all know that the answer "I'm an airline pilot." just means that we are over worked and under paid. However, I think we can all agree that the answer normally goes over pretty well with a pretty girl in a bar, if she hasn't ever peeked at the pay scales. So, my question is, has anyone out there printed business cards for the sole purpose of hitting on girls (or guys, whatever you're into, who am I to judge)? I am still in the thinking that it's just too cheesy, but the thought has crossed my mind, so I assume I can't be the only one. Besides, even for professional networking, they could come in handy.

erjguy said:
Okay, this is a weird one. I am a new hire, so I am still new to answering the question of "What do you do?", when a girl asks me in a bar. Now, we all know that the answer "I'm an airline pilot." just means that we are over worked and under paid. However, I think we can all agree that the answer normally goes over pretty well with a pretty girl in a bar, if she hasn't ever peeked at the pay scales. So, my question is, has anyone out there printed business cards for the sole purpose of hitting on girls (or guys, whatever you're into, who am I to judge)? I am still in the thinking that it's just too cheesy, but the thought has crossed my mind, so I assume I can't be the only one. Besides, even for professional networking, they could come in handy.

You cant afford business cards OR a girl you dork.

;)

and network? what are you going to do with a business card that says airline pilot?

And make sure you set up your own personal website, too, with lots of pictures of yourself in your snazzy uniform. Be sure to put that website address on your business card.

P.S. The women will really dig it if you refer to yourself as a "JET airline pilot."

Last edited:
Gulfstream,

Easy, Francis! I don't have any business cards, but there have been many occasions when I met someone in public, and wished I had a pen so that I could exchange numbers.. a card would have been helpful.

Of course, having a card handy in a bar might be preferable to chasing an overworked bartender around and begging for a pen. A card may be cheesy, but so is chasing women around in a bar!

I have a box of "Guitar Instruction" business cards for just such an occasion. I still have about half of my order of 1000 CFI cards and those are handy to give out as well since they have the name of my company on them.

Anyways...use business cards for business. If your business didn't give them to you, then create a business you can use them with. If you don't have any business to have a card, you don't have any business having business cards :)

I've seen some marketing attempts at "family ID cards" and the like...silly and borderline gay. If you can justify an excuse and can handle the flames you get if your excuse sucks should they fall into enemy hands...

www.brochures.com is where I do my business.

If you use business cards for meeting women, you MUST also have on Ray-Ban Aviators and a black Members Only jacket. Otherwise it would look cheesy.

P.S. Did you go to Gulfstream or TAB Express?

I forgot the website... but there is a NW pilot who makes cards with different NW backgrounds on them... 757,DC10,etc.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back