• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Busiest Uncontrolled Field?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't know about busiest but my vote for most dangerous is Marsh Harbour in the Bahamas. Man what a mess that was getting in and out of. And the large potholes in the runway made it even more of an adventure.

WMUSIGPI said:
Don't know about busiest but my vote for most dangerous is Marsh Harbour in the Bahamas. Man what a mess that was getting in and out of. And the large potholes in the runway made it even more of an adventure.

It must have gotten worse since I was in there earlier this spring with our Lear. Coming up on season, so it'll be crazy again.

cezzna said:
I'd have to vote for belmar new jersey, KBLM, that place sucks!
I learned to fly there. It does get busy, but the worst part about the place is the owner. Crazy Old Ed Brown ..... the only guy I every knew who was too mean to die.

Gai

I did my training at GAI in '99-'00. Hate to say it, but my checkride was my last flight with GAI listed as home base. I then moved over to a flying club at a different airport. To be honest, I don't miss GAI at all.

gfvalvo said:
I learned to fly there. It does get busy, but the worst part about the place is the owner. Crazy Old Ed Brown ..... the only guy I every knew who was too mean to die.
Amen.

when OMN and EVB got towers, more of the traffic went to X47, is my observation.

X47 gets my vote for busiest.

He's dead.

BLM was fun. Rag towers, meat rockets, corp jocks,
and schoolers. I watched more than one crash there.

As for the Airport near PBI, that would have been
Boca, which has a tower now. Best known for an
Extra -vs- Lear mid air.

I remember FXE got pretty crazy even WITH a tower!

CE

Lantana, FL can be a zoo. Used to live and work in Palm Beach County and having moved there from Ohio and a nice cozy towered field with the most laid back controllers there ever were...it took some getting used to.

thats the real bermuda triangle with the gators living inbetween the runways and fast freddy giving tickets away.

Latest resources

Back