Busiest Uncontrolled Field?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
airmedplt said:
You may wanna check out Glaveston, TX (GLS). Numerous GA and 135 helicopter ops working together. Makes for some interesting patterns and entries. Better hurry though, the new tower will be in operation in the next couple weeks.

glenn

It was always a joy to fly in, out, and around GLS. Probably one of the more "scenic" approaches into an airport that I have flown to date in GA aircraft. The best part is that some great seafood could be had within short walking distance from the airport, ahhhhh... those were the days. When did they start construction on the new tower?.

Weiser Airpark (EYQ) on any given weekend. Taught there over 3 years...very busy. 3400 ft x 35ft and a crosswind 350 days out of the year. Airnav clocked it at 409/per day. Pretty busy for a small uncontrolled field with no taxiways.

Busiest uncontrolled airport during summer----------Hinckley Airport!
1. it's a 2500ft grass strip
2. jump airplanes
3. GA
4. gliders
5. tow airplanes
6. falling people
7. student pilots practicing short/soft fld. TOs and Landings
8. and its right on a final approach for runway 9 for ARR.

Tailwheelman said:
Weiser Airpark (EYQ) on any given weekend. Airnav clocked it at 409/per day. Pretty busy for a small uncontrolled field with no taxiways.
Yep, it's a fact. On my days off I go out to Weiser, sit on the porch and mark down all t/o's and landings with a Crayon on a big sheet of pink construction paper. I don't count the bounces... or should I? The numbers don't lie, it's pretty busy.

Ifleyelearz said:
BTW, anybody else can't stop gazing @ Superpilot92's avatar? I'm mezmorized!
Yes indeed, she's quite hot. Her legs go all the way up... plus, she's the new hangar rat/fueler chick at Weiser; Cecil hired to her drum up more bidness. Or so I hear...

cezzna said:
I'd have to vote for belmar new jersey, KBLM, that place sucks!
I learned to fly there. It can get a little intense in the summer, with the banner planes. But its not bad at all compared to some places.

Latest resources

Back