• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Busiest Uncontrolled Field?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bend Oregon is really busy I have been in the pattern many times number 7 or 8 sometimes to land. There's heli training, Fixed wing training, experimentals and 2 aircraft manufacturers on the field Columbia and EPic. Or a Nampa and Caldwell Idaho on the weekends is an absolute zoo with all the weekend flyer's.

Threads from the dead!

Ok, busiest... GAI, BLM are not. Flown into both a couple times. FDK is worse, worst I've been to.

Last edited:
Good to read some of the busier airports are getting towers. Denton, Texas (DTO) used to get pretty hairy before it got a tower. Nevertheless, it was a good environment to learn in; i.e. pattern etiquette, do's and dont's, radio work, etc.

Back in the day, Manassas, Va (HEF) before it had a tower.
Parallel runways, 4 flight schools, corporate and helos. Utter chaos on weekends. Guys were still entering the pattern on Unicom up to a year after the tower went in!
It was at the time the busiest GA airport in Virginia.

Lantana, FL can be a zoo. Used to live and work in Palm Beach County and having moved there from Ohio and a nice cozy towered field with the most laid back controllers there ever were...it took some getting used to.

Lantana is effing nuts. I've been instructing here for 6 months and am amazed I haven't been killed yet! Airnav lists the number of ops at 384/day, but that's over a year. It's very seasonal down here, so that average number is definitely not typical of the crazy winter season.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back