Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Burn, baby, BUUURRNNNN! 9E's latest memo...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We'll see how you feel in a couple months when the sh*t hits the fan at XJ. Inflation is at 25 year high. And all this drilling you speak of, won't come online and be beneficial until 2016. Way to spout the party line there.

Isnt that ironic though, that you accuse someone else of spouting a party line, while you yourself are using that 8-10 years for oil to reach the market after drilling, which is just in itself a political talking point by the left to discourage US oil exploration.

It does not have to take 8-10 years, and if it does, it not because of physics but government hurdles. I have been on wells were it was just weeks from well completion to production, and even deep water offshore wells are getting down to the 2 year point from starting to producing.

This whole argument of "its going to take 10 years to drill so lets just not drill for any in the US" is rather silly Are you that comfortable with outsourcing all those potential jobs overseas?

Isnt that ironic though, that you accuse someone else of spouting a party line, while you yourself are using that 8-10 years for oil to reach the market after drilling, which is just in itself a political talking point by the left to discourage US oil exploration.

It does not have to take 8-10 years, and if it does, it not because of physics but government hurdles. I have been on wells were it was just weeks from well completion to production, and even deep water offshore wells are getting down to the 2 year point from starting to producing.

This whole argument of "its going to take 10 years to drill so lets just not drill for any in the US" is rather silly Are you that comfortable with outsourcing all those potential jobs overseas?

I'm guessing that we will also need oil in 8-10 years. Let,s get started.

If you really want to save fuel, take her up to 390, ask ATC for a block altitude down to 6,000 and then turn off the engines......

Yeah, seems like they've been talking that 8-10 year plus "party line" smack forever. If we had dramatically enhanced our own exploration 8-10 years ago as we should have, I doubt we'd be importing nearly 70% of our oil from unfriendly foreign nations as we are currently. Just let one of these rouge nations make one false move, example Iran, and the challenges we're facing today will look like the good ole days. That, my friends, is a monsterous national security issue. Not to mention, as Mr Pickins says; "the largest transfer of wealth in history." For a concise road map of the course we should be taking see:

http://www.pickensplan.com/

Another insightful movement led by Newt Gingrich:

http://www.americansolutions.com/

Perhaps signing their petition would be one way to make a difference.

Yeah, seems like they've been talking that 8-10 year plus "party line" smack forever. If we had dramatically enhanced our own exploration 8-10 years ago as we should have, I doubt we'd be importing nearly 70% of our oil from unfriendly foreign nations as we are currently. Just let one of these rouge nations make one false move, example Iran, and the challenges we're facing today will look like the good ole days. That, my friends, is a monsterous national security issue. Not to mention, as Mr Pickins says; "the largest transfer of wealth in history." For a concise road map of the course we should be taking see:

http://www.pickensplan.com/

Another insightful movement led by Newt Gingrich:

http://www.americansolutions.com/

Perhaps signing their petition would be one way to make a difference.

Lets see, we use 25% of the worlds oil, but we only have 3% of world oil reserves. Even with bad math you can see that it is only a temporary solution. If republicans put half the energy into finding new energy sources that they do into there drill everywhere campaign, we might actually have a chance of getting out of this mess.

Lets see, we use 25% of the worlds oil, but we only have 3% of world oil reserves. Even with bad math you can see that it is only a temporary solution. If republicans put half the energy into finding new energy sources that they do into there drill everywhere campaign, we might actually have a chance of getting out of this mess.

Pretty much the first thing Boone Pickins says is that the drilling initiative is at best, a temporary solution...a bridge. Regrettably my friend, we're now at a point where we require a temporary solution. Unfortunately sir, for now anyway...AMERICA RUNS ON OIL. I for one, am not comfortable being at the mercy of the folks we get most of our oil from. If we don't go get much of the oil we have access to, (outer continental shelf) someone else will. For example, China. This is already happening, by the way.

Some make a compelling case that the figures you state above aren't entirely correct. Particularly when natural gas is included, which is also one of Mr Pickins major points. Many of the greenest countries on earth (Scandinavian nations for example) are virtually energy independent by virtue of capturing and using the natural gas resources they have access to...while we sit here and debate. For your information, most internal combustion engines can run on the dramatically cleaner natural gas. You can purchase a brand new Honda Civic which does so, right now in California. As it happens in that state, a huge proportion of publicly owned vehicles are natural gas powered.

Additionally, I am not at all pleased with those who wish to make this crucial issue a Republican vs Democrat issue. This sir, is an AMERICAN issue on which our future depends. I couldn't agree more on the need for alternative energy solutions. Absolutely imperative. To those who constantly talk the lengthy time line to see benefits from our additional oil exploration, I wonder how long it would take to completely transition our nation from oil to those alternatives? There simply has to be some sort of bridge solution.

You're a fool if you think the Dems have our 'best interests' at heart in pushing the alternatives. It's talking points, profits and politics plain and simple. Instead of looking to government to solve the problem we should be letting the market determine the viability of 'clean' solutions. Pumping billions of dollars as subsidies into economically challenged solutions will only lead us right back to the same problem. In fact, it may do more damage. But go ahead, quote Pelosi/Gore on here and think it will make a difference.

I'm curious why the Dems think that increasing the taxes on profits will help. Why not just remove the subsidies on oil and let it fend for itself. They can do that overnight...wait, nevermind, they're on vacation!

Last edited:
Ok, I apologize in advance. I've had two too many Red Bulls, and so it will show. Sorry.

Excerpts from the memo, regarding APU usage.

WHAT?!? Did we just get a new contract? Cause it sounds like they want me to help out a little extra. I don't see any new contract! No thanks! I'll bend over backwards to help with fuel/APU once we get a new contract. Until then, shove it.

YES! Work to Rule! My fellow 9E pilots, I salute you. Light that beotch up at 10,000 ft during the approach check, each time, every time, and keep it on until you absolutely have to turn it off. And DON'T let station agents tell YOU what to do with YOUR airplane.

Management is so willing to pay penalty fines in the MILLIONS every year, yet, they can't sit down and close the contract with us. The $ spread on the contract is not far. It's so close.

Give me a new contract, otherwise, shove it. I ain't goin out of my way to help 'them' out.

/Rant

Do this stupid crap and you are screwing with every DAL pilots profit sharing. I will write up any 9E pilot wasting fuel period!

Welcome to DAL!

Do this stupid crap and you are screwing with every DAL pilots profit sharing. I will write up any 9E pilot wasting fuel period!

Welcome to DAL!

What a scumbag.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back