Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Burn, baby, BUUURRNNNN! 9E's latest memo...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You forgot total lack of experience. A few years in the Senate doesn't cut it.

Don't forget about the standby attitude indicator. We wouldn't want that to be more that 200 feet off at altitude and show worse as speed increases. Ya think there might be some water in the system at the outstation?

Unfortunately that one doesn't work. There's no requirement for the standby altimeter to be within tolerance of the primary altimeters. I only know this because I "expressed my concern about the accuracy of the standby altimeter" to Maintenance Control while I was at an outstation one time. Much to my surprise, they actually did fax me documentation from Bombardier proving their point. Lucky for me, I had already also determined that the spare fuses required by the FARs were missing and the ADG Placard on the right side of the nose was too worn to read..... (for what it's worth)

"We still receive reports from stations indicating that exteranal air and AC is available, yet the crews choose to leave the APU in operation."

What, exactly, is exteranal air anyway? I am surprised this post went for 4 pages and none of you flamers caught this.

Unfortunately that one doesn't work. There's no requirement for the standby altimeter to be within tolerance of the primary altimeters. I only know this because I "expressed my concern about the accuracy of the standby altimeter" to Maintenance Control while I was at an outstation one time. Much to my surprise, they actually did fax me documentation from Bombardier proving their point. Lucky for me, I had already also determined that the spare fuses required by the FARs were missing and the ADG Placard on the right side of the nose was too worn to read..... (for what it's worth)

I would be careful doing something like that at an outstation. I wouldn't write up anything that admits you left the hub with an unairworthy plane. It probably wouldn't take much for management to have action taken by the feds.

I would be careful doing something like that at an outstation. I wouldn't write up anything that admits you left the hub with an unairworthy plane. It probably wouldn't take much for management to have action taken by the feds.

And therein lies the potential problem with the write-up tactic. As I said before, I do believe it is by far the most effective method of trying to send a message but as PCL said earlier, 9E management notices very fast when their wallet is affected.

When writing those types of things up you have to be absolutely sure of your status and legality because the company's response to this kind of activity is usually as harsh and quick as possible. In other words, you have to be the biggest by-the-book pilot ever seen in all aspects of your job and not just the MEL. The company will find and use everything available to put a stop to it.

26 years is a little too ripe, if you know what I mean. If not, ask Ted Stevens.

Yup, I definitely want a heart surgeon with 2 years experience working on me instead of one with 26 years. I'd also definitely want a CA with 2 years of total experience to fly my wife and kids somewhere as opposed to someone who's been doing it for 26 years.

Great argument there, Gus.

Just because he's black, doesn't make him it. Besides, he's half black. Still has half white in him.

I'm with you. I've seen the memo that ASA put out after we started our campaign. However, please show me in the MEL where it is deferrable, or in the POH where the tolerances are. If I were 9E pilots and felt that the Standby Altimeter were a safety of flight issue, especially after I just took over the aircraft at a hub, I'd write it up at the outstation and have contract MX take a look at it. The contract MX will cost money, and the flight will be delayed by at least 2 hours or so.

The items you mentioned are dead on, as are many others. You can't do them at an outstation, though, because you obviously knowingly left the hub with knowledge of the discrepancy.

It is people like you who are ruining this industry. The fact is you do have a contract..... The way to help yourself is to do everything you can to help your company compete and succeed.

You are so sad.

RW

In before page 23

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back