Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Burn, baby, BUUURRNNNN! 9E's latest memo...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do this stupid crap and you are screwing with every DAL pilots profit sharing. I will write up any 9E pilot wasting fuel period!

Welcome to DAL!

What's mine is mine, what's yours is mine. It's my world, you're just a squirrel trying to get a nut. You work for me! uh! And I'm working 5 more years too. I own my seat and I won't give it up till I want to.

Do this stupid crap and you are screwing with every DAL pilots profit sharing. I will write up any 9E pilot wasting fuel period!

Welcome to DAL!

I don't care about YOUR profit sharing. And I don't answer to you anyway. Write up what you like. It will amount to a waste of paper.

I am curious what your responce will be in some future DAL negotiations that run 4 years to long with management not negotiating in good faith. The slow downs and fuel burns are nothing new, and MANY of mainlines have used them with great success. In fact, did you write up any ASA crews in there recent slow down?

TOOL.

You're a fool if you think the Dems have our 'best interests' at heart in pushing the alternatives. It's talking points, profits and politics plain and simple. Instead of looking to government to solve the problem we should be letting the market determine the viability of 'clean' solutions. Pumping billions of dollars as subsidies into economically challenged solutions will only lead us right back to the same problem. In fact, it may do more damage. But go ahead, quote Pelosi/Gore on here and think it will make a difference.

I'm curious why the Dems think that increasing the taxes on profits will help. Why not just remove the subsidies on oil and let it fend for itself. They can do that overnight...wait, nevermind, they're on vacation!

Unfortunately, subsidies are required sometime to get new technologies off the ground.

The republicans lack of an energy policy is just more evidance that they serve corporate interests and oil executives and not the american people.

America use over 20 million barrels a day. This can not be replaced simply buy drilling. We WILL continue to import massive amounts of foriegn oil even if we drill.

As far as other countries drilling oil off our coast? The oil is still coming to market. There is no price of US crude vs chinese crude vs any other. It is a world traded commodity. Remember supply and demand? If china or any other country brings more oil to market, absent speculation, the price "should" come down. Now I understand that in this case, there would be no additional US jobs created. But the price of oil at the pump is not dependant on the growth of US jobs.

But go ahead and keep repeating the republican talking points about foreign oil. And just keep ignoring the fact that as long as we are an oil based economy, we WILL import massive quantities from others. All you are doing is moving the figure a few percentage points and lining the pockets of oil executives.

As far as oil subsidies? Why do they have any in the first place? What a joke. The largest profits in the history of ANY industry, and they have subsidies? Just more catering to big oil.

Smacktard, you want the first shot? Enjoy.

Unfortunately, subsidies are required sometime to get new technologies off the ground.

Yeah, let's ask T Boone how much he'll need. Then once we've created an area as large as Texas to power a state the size of Rhode Island, we'll be well on our way! Funny that Nancy Pelosi got her hands on some of the stock in his new company the day it went public. I think about $100k worth. Hmmm, nothing wrong with that ehh, she's just lining her pockets. But it is, afterall, to save us from evil oil execs, so I guess that's cool...

The republicans lack of an energy policy is just more evidance that they serve corporate interests and oil executives and not the american people.

And the Dems aren't beholden to special interests and evil executives of their own? You're kidding, right? Oil works, oil works now, oil is the blood of the global economy. Yeah, yeah, I'm all for diversifying our power needs, just not at the expense of our economy. But if you'd rather make the lower and middle class pay for 'saving the planet' why not just tell them that that is why you don't want more drilling.

That's really what it comes down to. The Dems special interests drive their 'energy policy' (where can I read that btw?) the Repubs special interests drive their 'energy policy'. Funny how that works.

America use over 20 million barrels a day. This can not be replaced simply buy drilling. We WILL continue to import massive amounts of foriegn oil even if we drill.

Yes, and I'm all for it. But if we've got it, why not bring it to market? Give me ONE SINGLE GOOD REASON WHY WE SHOULDN'T?

As far as other countries drilling oil off our coast? The oil is still coming to market. There is no price of US crude vs chinese crude vs any other. It is a world traded commodity. Remember supply and demand? If china or any other country brings more oil to market, absent speculation, the price "should" come down. Now I understand that in this case, there would be no additional US jobs created. But the price of oil at the pump is not dependant on the growth of US jobs.

Yes, I understand this basic principle, did I ever indicate that I was confused by it? But here's a little tidbit that perhaps you don't understand. Creating our 'own' oil and sending it to the world market, while doing little to change the overall supply vs. demand equation, does do one thing; it changes our percentage of imported oil and thus lowers the amount of money going out of our economy.

But go ahead and keep repeating the republican talking points about foreign oil. And just keep ignoring the fact that as long as we are an oil based economy, we WILL import massive quantities from others. All you are doing is moving the figure a few percentage points and lining the pockets of oil executives.

Oh no! Lining the pockets of the evil oil companies? How quant, that really bothers you ehh? You realize that oil companies are publicy traded companies and millions of people make money on these little things called stocks. But you'd rather kill all that off because of, what, maybe 200 executives that are making money?? And somehow lining the pockets of the companies that will run the solar and wind turbine facilities will be different? Or are they ok because they're in this to save the planet? You said it yourself, billions in subsidies will go out to support these initiatives. Funny thing about NY state, upstate residents are having a hard time stopping local city governments from profiteering off of wind subsidies, so much so that city councils are going against the residents they're supposed to be protecting to get in on the action. Funny how money does that. But apparrently, oil money is somehow different than clean energy money.

As far as oil subsidies? Why do they have any in the first place? What a joke. The largest profits in the history of ANY industry, and they have subsidies? Just more catering to big oil.

I agree with you on the oil subsidies, but how come the Democrats haven't arrived at this brilliant conclusion...perhaps because there is more to it than meets the eye? As with everything else that politicians campaign on or legislate...there's more to it than talking points. Oil companies pay 4 times the amount of profits in taxes. What do you think pays for all the crappy government giveaways. You can't change the equation too much, you know, cut off the nose to spite the face...

Last edited:

Welcome to DAL!

Don't take this in too wrong a way, but I don't care about your profit sharing. And go ahead, write me up for 'wasting fuel' , period.

Let me see what you would do in the future, when DAL management refuses to negotiate in good faith, and keeps dragging out negotations, while giving the pilot group the big F#$K YOU middle finger!

Fuel burns and slow downs have been used effectively to get managements attention. Without this type of action, mark my words, we pilots will not get a new contract!

What, and jeopardize flying the stretch!!!? They want that thing so badly they're working like good little pilots to keep Delta happy. That'll show 'em! We'll burn an extra 100lbs of fuel on the APU!!!

It is not about the fuel burn....it is about APU usage....hours on the machine. The fines are based on hours of usage and are very high if targets are not met. Same for completion factor.

If you want to hurt 'em, use multiple pressure points. MX write-ups, APU usage, slow taxi....use 'em all.

Yeah, you are right. Never made it to the big leagues like you did. Give yourself three pats on the back and then you can kiss my ass.

Easy there dude. I was only poking fun at you for your comments regarding turning off engines and descending down. Making fun of a specific regional airline for an accident they had is not cool in my book.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back