Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Burn, baby, BUUURRNNNN! 9E's latest memo...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyer1015

Ok, I apologize in advance. I've had two too many Red Bulls, and so it will show. Sorry.

Excerpts from the memo, regarding APU usage.

"Any little bit that you can do to help save fuel when using the APU is greatly appreciated."

WHAT?!? Did we just get a new contract? Cause it sounds like they want me to help out a little extra. I don't see any new contract! No thanks! I'll bend over backwards to help with fuel/APU once we get a new contract. Until then, shove it.

"We still receive reports from stations indicating that exteranal air and AC is available, yet the crews choose to leave the APU in operation."

YES! Work to Rule! My fellow 9E pilots, I salute you. Light that beotch up at 10,000 ft during the approach check, each time, every time, and keep it on until you absolutely have to turn it off. And DON'T let station agents tell YOU what to do with YOUR airplane.

Pinnacle’s high level of performance in the second quarter reduced the overall performance penalty owed to Northwest for the six-month period by approximately $0.8 million to $1.7 million.

"We pay large penalties when we exceed the target APU fuel burn established in our service agreements (in the millions)."

Management is so willing to pay penalty fines in the MILLIONS every year, yet, they can't sit down and close the contract with us. The $ spread on the contract is not far. It's so close.

Give me a new contract, otherwise, shove it. I ain't goin out of my way to help 'them' out.

/Rant

What's the reason for starting the APU at 10K feet on the CRJ? On the ERJ we usually start it when we get to the gate.

What's the reason for starting the APU at 10K feet on the CRJ? On the ERJ we usually start it when we get to the gate.

The Approach Check (done at 10,000 coming down) says "APU/Bleeds.... AS REQUIRED"

If you're landing with anti ice on, then put the bleeds on the APU. But no one is to say you can't turn it on at 10,000 feet.

Hmmmm, I'm gonna be making an idle power descent from 10,000 feet. The air flow in the cabin is gonna suck. I like passenger comfort. Screw management, light that APU up and put the bleeds on it. Ahh, better.

Because at idle power the engines don't put any cooling air out, so starting the APU helps keep the ship cool.

edit: thats only on the 200. The others don't have that problem.

So sad

It is people like you who are ruining this industry. The fact is you do have a contract..... The way to help yourself is to do everything you can to help your company compete and succeed.

You are so sad.

RW

It is people like you who are ruining this industry. The fact is you do have a contract..... The way to help yourself is to do everything you can to help your company compete and succeed.

You are so sad.

RW

My thoughts exactly! That is very unprofessional behavior.

You are so sad.

RW

3 posts in 5 years. If I were so conservative with my posts, I would make sure that they didn't make me look like a d*uchebag.

You are so sad.

RW

Tell that to the pilots at NWA, who had a few technical issues with their post BK contract. You never got anywhere fast taxiing behind NWA that summer, and after two months they had the contract corrections they needed.

Meanwhile, PCL does not have a current contract, nor anything like it. They will never get one if they keep answering to their management's every beck and call.

Why would their management give them any improvements if they don't need to?

I'm by no means a company pilot, but I'm not going to go out of my way just to run the APU. If I can justify it, I'll use it, but just running it because you want to "stick it" to Nonncaring Blvd is dumb.

I agree with you Windsor. I also think that if you're sweating up front from the summer heat, or making pax sweat in the back, just to please mgt, that is also dumb.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back