• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Buffett Bites Back at NetJets Pilot Complaints

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please tell me why I'm worth 60% of a Delta pilot.

You just keep beating that drum, don't you? I gave you a very lengthy response earlier, which you summed up by saying don't tell me about the company's problems or the economy.

Since that didn't work, lets try a different tack:

Please tell me why you think you are worth the same as a 777 or 747 pilot?

Because that's what I'm seeing when I look at the Delta payscales -http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/legacy/delta_air_lines

If you don't like that answer, then let me try another one - why did you choose to come to NetJets, knowing what the payscales were like and that they were not comparable to the airlines?

And please don't tell me you planned on changing them after you got here - that just sounds like those fools who move into a house next to the airport and then complain about the noise.

I could start wearing a hat.

Netjets' hats would have to be better than ordinary hats worn by average pilots and skycaps. Purple-plumed hats would definitely set Netjets pilots "apart".

Like the British admiralty wore....

Hansell would be in awe.

Netjets' hats would have to be better than ordinary hats worn by average pilots and skycaps. Purple-plumed hats would definitely set Netjets pilots "apart".

Like the British admiralty wore....

Hansell would be in awe.

I'm thinking one of those bellboy hats from a 1940's Bogart movie.

Cargo-carrier Ameriflight has found that many new-hire pilots require additional training, often another week?s worth. ?The quality of pilot candidates has degraded to where we have to completely change our training program,? said Ameriflight president Andrew Lotter. ?We have to do remedial training. Situational awareness and IFR proficiency is where they?re deficient.?
FamilyGuy,

I just pulled this out of the AIN.

i think this issue is heading our way and that's why they have to pay.

http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...rtage-turns-crisis-among-small-cargo-carriers

Last edited:
FamilyGuy,

I just pulled this out of the AIN.

i think this issue is heading our way and that's why they have to pay.

http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...rtage-turns-crisis-among-small-cargo-carriers

Thank you.

That's the kind of information you need to provide in this fight - cold hard facts. People have been talking about the looming pilot shortage for years now (anyone else remember the talk about an ab initio program at NJ?). The recession in 2008 and the increase in the mandatory retirement age for the airlines delayed it for a few years, but I do agree it is coming.

Delta is projecting over 800 mandatory retirements each year starting six years from now, so the onus is on mgmt to get ahead of the issue and retain the pilots they need to keep this company going.

I'm not sure that you guys will match airline pay, but an increase is definitely in order. The EMT would help themselves and the company if they'd start focusing on taking care of their employees rather than thinking solely of shareholder return. It should always be a balance between the needs of the customers, employees, and shareholders.

All that said, this EMT has shown repeatedly that they can't see farther than 3 months ahead, so they will probably start thinking about this issue 5 years from now.

Last edited:
Great attitude. You should lead with that and put it on the picket signs at the next event. I'm sure it will strike just the right chord.

Yes, you have a skill set, and a more advanced one than some other people, but it is still just a skill set, and you shouldn't be denigrating other people's contribution to the finished product. Much like you wouldn't want me flying the plane, we probably wouldn't want you fixing the planes, or doing the scheduling or the accounting. Everyone contributes their own unique skill set and the finished product is better with everyone focusing on their specialty.

That said, companies focus their resources on solving the biggest, most intransigent and expensive problems. Automation is coming for many professions and I'm amazed at how far drones and self driving cars have come in the last ten years. They aren't ready for prime time yet, but I'm willing to bet they will in my lifetime.

Hey, Mark, thanks for coming by my office in Gahanna yesterday. I appreciate the Labor/management cooperation that can be acheived when it can be.

See you around the campus, amigo. :rolleyes:

Hey, Mark, thanks for coming by my office in Gahanna yesterday. I appreciate the Labor/management cooperation that can be acheived when it can be.

See you around the campus, amigo. :rolleyes:

Sorry Hans, wrong guess. Would you like to go for Double Jeopardy where the scores can really change?

Would you like to go for Double Jeopardy where the scores can really change?

Well, the game is afoot. I'll take anal bum cover for 7,000.

Latest resources

Back