"Brown bag lunch" at Island Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
labbats said:
You never answered his question about how he's going to live in Hawaii on 20k a year.

we are not a colony of ass-wipers out here. he shouldnt need someone to tell him how to live. many other people have each found their own solution, its up ot him to find his.

labbats said:
I'm curious myself. Most likely it's by drudging out an existence of staying in a two bedroom crappy apartment with 5 other guys and eating ramen. How is that a step up?

there's no reason you cant do with with 5 lbfms instead.

labbats said:
With 2000 hours, and 900 king air, this guy actually could get a good job paying 35k as a SIC in a king air, so this job isn't for him. Should he figure that out after he pays his own way to Hawaii and puts himself up in a hotel for training? You can't jumpseat to Hawaii if you're not currently employed.

then wtf is he doing crying over not getting a free lunch? if he's such a stud pilot, he shouldnt have been applying in the first place. maybe he should let you be his career counselor.

If more people would start turning down low paying jobs, maybe we might actually start seeing decent pay in this industry.

Amen...There are too many geeks that just want to fly airplanes at a regional. They dont care about owning a house, decent car, saving money for retirement or nice vacations or probably even getting laid. Im looking hard for corporate jobs now, they pay a liviable wage. 20k on the mainland is a joke let alone Hawaii. Stop taking these low paying jobs and in a few years regionals pilots will make fair wages!

airludy said:
Amen...There are too many geeks that just want to fly airplanes at a regional. They dont care about owning a house, decent car, saving money for retirement or nice vacations or probably even getting laid. Im looking hard for corporate jobs now, they pay a liviable wage. 20k on the mainland is a joke let alone Hawaii. Stop taking these low paying jobs and in a few years regionals pilots will make fair wages!

what does not getting a free lunch have to do with any of this? this statement would be great if it wasnt that your chief complaint was not getting a free lunch.

i bought a house, two in fact. own a decent car, have money saved. i dont know how getting laid works into it...maybe you have to pay for it?

save the gear shifting for your car...

p.s. you say you're looking hard at corporate? what happened to the UPS truck driver job and the cfi jobs you were after? are you still looking for the elusive free lunch?

airludy said:

Ditto what Dash said. Oh, and maybe next time put "getting laid" a little higher on your list of priorities lest you want us cheap a** pilots to think less of you.

Paying for airfare and hotel to fly a Dash-8 is bad enough...but, sitting in a hiring pool????....to fly a Dash-8????

You gottabe kiddin' me....?

whats funny is that according to his original post, he was apparently still gunning for the job in spite of the low pay. it was the free lunch that was the final straw.

does anyone else find it odd that now he's suddenly trying to be the poster boy for boycotting low paying jobs? why did he apply in the first place?

House_X said:
Paying for airfare and hotel to fly a Dash-8 is bad enough...but, sitting in a hiring pool????....to fly a Dash-8????

You gottabe kiddin' me....?

ahh, the entitlement generation....

the freedom we have allows you to sit in the pool for the job you want or not sit in the pool for the job you dont want.

414Flyer said:
If more people would start turning down low paying jobs, maybe we might actually start seeing decent pay in this industry.
Gee Yoda, do you forsee things getting better out here when Mesa comes in and undercuts everyone?

dash8driver said:
does anyone else find it odd that now he's suddenly trying to be the poster boy for boycotting low paying jobs? why did he apply in the first place?
I find this odd/amusing as well. NO MORE LOW-PAYING JOBS!

Latest resources

Back