"Brown bag lunch" at Island Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
airludy said:
United and Island Air are two different animals... Its amazing how many people are so short sighted on this board. Why would I take a job for that kind of money? Is flying a Dash 8 worth being on food stamps?

I just read this whole thread and can't believe how many times you insulted so many people, many of them my friends! I was on f-in food stamps for a damn long time! So were many of them! What is your problem? Holy sh!t!

Last edited:
AirLady's got another new thead. She's obviously got her panties in a bunch because "a friend" got a job making $45k a year flying some corp dorks around. But the real question is "Was there a free lunch spread at that interview?"

Go back to Truckmasters!

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=63277

airludy said:
I give up. Some people just cant see the light or lack of the light..
Try looking in the mirror. There is a saying along the lines that a person opinions say more about themselves than the people they are judging.Suits you to a tee.You don't get it, maybe someday you will, maybe not.

Dan Roman said:
Try looking in the mirror. There is a saying along the lines that a person opinions say more about themselves than the people they are judging.Suits you to a tee.You don't get it, maybe someday you will, maybe not.

I like the old saying "when you point your finger at somebody, just remember your other three fingers are pointing right back at ya"!

Ludy,

Appreciate the fact that you can fly. Some of us would *love* to fly, but can't. It makes it all that more special to see people complaining about it.

Did you not understand that WP isn't exactly the Cadillac of airlines? When I left there they had four airplanes. Yes, four. All of them were Dash-8 100s, and I believe all were within the first 50 produced. They've got more now, and are even looking into "big bus" versions. ...be that as it may, some of my friends there will always be stuck on the short bus...no matter how special they think they are. :)

As for the pay, yes it's low. If you want to come to Hawaii and fly though, that's what your'e going to face. Just because the cost of living is X% above <insert favorite town here> doesn't mean that the pay is higher as well. There are many people, myself included, that live here because we *like* it in Hawaii. If you're having such a hard time swallowing the interview process, maybe it's better that you look elsewhere.

Der Kommissar said:
be that as it may, some of my friends there will always be stuck on the short bus...no matter how special they think they are. :)
But the gave me a hemmet and mittens that clip to my sleeves!

Latest resources

Back