"Brown bag lunch" at Island Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Originally Posted by airludy
Its not just the lunch, man. Dont you guys see it. Have some f#$^ing pride and stand up for yourself. We deserve more than 8 dollars an hour to fly a plane full of passengers. You people are so brainwashed about "paying your dues" bullshoot.. I didnt go to the interview for a few reasons

1. pay for your own ticket and hotel for interview ($1000)
2. 20k-40k a year in hawaii is a joke
3. pay for you own hotel during training
4. and yes the "bring your own brown bag lunch" email really was insulting

1 - I have interviewed over 10 times at different airlines, not one paid for
the hotel. $1000 for a ticket?? you can get a $200 ticket from the west coast. Ever think that they don't pay for the ticket because they would have a bunch of people that really were notinterested but wanted a free trip to HI?

2 20k-40k a year is a joke. Nice that you just insulted half the population of
Hawaii

3 United doesn't pay for hotel during initial training. and other majors are the
same. So I gues you don't want to work at any of them either.

4 ever stop to think that they were being nice and letting you know ahead of time that there is no food available anywhere near the interview site so they wouldn't have listen to you whine that no one told you there would not be food available.

United and Island Air are two different animals... Its amazing how many people are so short sighted on this board. Why would I take a job for that kind of money? Is flying a Dash 8 worth being on food stamps?

airludy said:
United and Island Air are two different animals... Its amazing how many people are so short sighted on this board. Why would I take a job for that kind of money? Is flying a Dash 8 worth being on food stamps?

I think what everyone was trying to basically say was WHY DID YOU EVEN APPLY THEN? You knew the pay, why bother?Duh

I figured the pay was up there with most good regionals. Maybe even a little more due to the fact you must live in Hawaii and no commuting. Even if you made it to captain pay it seems rather low.

airludy said:
I figured the pay was up there with most good regionals. Maybe even a little more due to the fact you must live in Hawaii and no commuting. Even if you made it to captain pay it seems rather low.[/quote

Common, your telling us that you didnt know the pay? Where did you get the address to apply? Climb to 350, their website, I believe all those list the pay. I also believe that some of them commute. I could be wrong but im sure someone who knows will clarify. You should be spending this time finding a new career instead of crying on this website! ?I think youre hiding something, and you ejoy working everyone up on this AVIATION site. Doesnt UPS have some sort of brown uniform website forum?
C-YA

airludy said:
United and Island Air are two different animals...

then why did you cry so much about the free lunch?

airludy said:
Its amazing how many people are so short sighted on this board. Why would I take a job for that kind of money? Is flying a Dash 8 worth being on food stamps?

so what does not getting a free lunch have to do with the pay? if it wasnt for the lack of a free lunch, you would have gone to the interview.. at least thats what you implied in your OP.. that it was the last straw.

airludy said:
I figured the pay was up there with most good regionals. Maybe even a little more due to the fact you must live in Hawaii and no commuting. Even if you made it to captain pay it seems rather low.

its pretty close.. thats besides the point. it was all about the free lunch...remember?

Latest resources

Back