"Brown bag lunch" at Island Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RJP said:

Notice how he tries to use anti PW sentiment to deflect criticism of his own doomed airline at every turn? How many spiteful little posts does it take to make you forget for a moment that Mesa is about to lay waste to all things Dash-8?

Must be difficult to accept that your odds of ever moving beyond Aloha's trash heap just got a whole lot longer. Is it really PW that makes you so angry, or is it the idea that all the dues you have paid at places like that won't do anything to help you now?

Kinda ironic that a single engine SIC has more job security (and better jumpseat priveleges) than you do. Don't they also pay their captains more than Island Scare?

Last edited:
Dan Roman said:
Don't forget the Doctors that have to "whore" themselves out when they are paying their dues as interns. They don't even have time for a sack lunch. Or lawyers at the start of their career either. Anybody who has built a succesful business spent long hours "whoring" themselves out getting their career going. Airludy doesn't get it because he's "entitled" to the top of his profession NOW.
I got a feeling he is going to be real unhappy when the reality of corporate aviation hits him. I wonder how he'll like serving his passengers lunch?

i've just about had it with this thread and everybody speaking so badly about whores. i'm gonna make a stand and hope to end all this whore bashing. whores are people too, if it wasn't for whores lot of people would never get laid. yeah sure they give you crabs, and other unpleasant maladies but who else can you give a dirty sanchez or cleveland steamer to. that's just my two cents

metrodriver808 said:
i've just about had it with this thread and everybody speaking so badly about whores. i'm gonna make a stand and hope to end all this whore bashing. whores are people too, if it wasn't for whores lot of people would never get laid. yeah sure they give you crabs, and other unpleasant maladies but who else can you give a dirty sanchez or cleveland steamer to. that's just my two cents

You're definitely in better company in a room full of whores versus a room full of airline execs.

VanMan said:
Notice how he tries to use anti PW sentiment to deflect criticism of his own doomed airline at every turn? How many spiteful little posts does it take to make you forget for a moment that Mesa is about to lay waste to all things Dash-8?

Must be difficult to accept that your odds of ever moving beyond Aloha's trash heap just got a whole lot longer. Is it really PW that makes you so angry, or is it the idea that all the dues you have paid at places like that won't do anything to help you now?

Kinda ironic that a single engine SIC has more job security (and better jumpseat priveleges) than you do. Don't they also pay their captains more than Island Scare?

wow, jus beef already!

airludy said:
OK you guys are right... I will just swallow my pride and bend over. Do you guys know of any airlines that I can pay for training? I have a wealthy uncle who may give me 30,000$ so I can get a job flying a cool jet. He understands I will only be making about 1200$ a month so I dont have to pay him back. Actually since I have been so arrogant to think I deserve to make a liviable wage, maybe I will just work for free at one of these regionals... I will tell them that at the interview.

if it was about the pay, then you'd probably find more agreement here. sure we all know its hard to make it these days on regional pay, especially in hawaii. but seeing as how you were ok with the pay until you didnt get the free lunch... then you cry on here about the free lunch being the reason you're not going. after waking up the next morning and realize that its a stupid argument you try to backpeddal and say it was all about the pay in the first place. which we know isnt true, otherwise you wouldnt have applied.

are you related to john kerry by chance? you were for the pay at WP before you were against it?

I no-$hit have a buddy who lives in a tent in Wahiawa, makes less than 20K/year, and I've never once heard him bitch about it.

Does he fly for Mesa? ... and metro driver your right I shouldn't be dising whores, very insulting to the profession to mention them when talking about pilots!

Last edited:
airludy said:
Its not just the lunch, man. Dont you guys see it. Have some f#$^ing pride and stand up for yourself. We deserve more than 8 dollars an hour to fly a plane full of passengers. You people are so brainwashed about "paying your dues" bullshoot.. I didnt go to the interview for a few reasons

1. pay for your own ticket and hotel for interview ($1000)
2. 20k-40k a year in hawaii is a joke
3. pay for you own hotel during training
4. and yes the "bring your own brown bag lunch" email really was insulting

Im just trying to help you poor souls who are whoring yourself to this regional airline industry. Take some pride in yourself. This isnt McDonalds you are applying to. This is flying a multi-million dollar aircraft with dozens of people on board. You deserve a fair wage.

I'll buy you lunch, fly you for free to phx, best part you can feel my love almost every day over here too.

Hugh Jorgan said:
I no-$hit have a buddy who lives in a tent in Wahiawa, makes less than 20K/year, and I've never once heard him bitch about it.

You must be referring about one of my employees I presume? I'll give him a turkey and a warm cheap mesa beer right from my 3rd nipple tap this thanksgiving. Huge Organ? ummm. You sound like you need to work for me! I really like your name! If you really know how to use that thang i might make you my new chief pilot! Cumanawana try you out bra!

Latest resources

Back