• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bring Back People on furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you Freak'n kidding me?? You've been tested for over a year now! Guys extending and any chance, and the Union advocating it. A big majority working the 18day. Huge retirement packages offered to 330 pilots over 60 most of whom already have pensions and non took it because "They like flying a few times a month" even they know that was going to directly cause the furlough of guys starting out their carrier.

WTF more testing do you need man?
NJA is the poster child for the greedy selfish pilot group.

Clearly, you've decided you know best who deserves to keep their job and who doesn't. Screw seniority, it's not in YOUR best interest. Well, at least it's not in your best interest today... You must be from the "me" generation where mommy and daddy spoiled you and gave you everything you ever wanted just for asking. You also probably have several childhood sports trophies for "participation" because we all know everyone is a winner for taking part right? Apparently, your parents screwed you up so much that you now honestly expect others give you their jobs because YOU deem younger people more worthy of those jobs. Here's a news flash for you, just because older pilots have "enough" in YOUR estimation does not give you the right to expect them to give up their job for someone else.

As for pilots working overtime or the 18 day schedule while guys are furloughed, that's a personal moral dilemma. The company didn't furlough because they just wanted to cut costs. They did it because they had too many pilots and they were wasting money. It's called rightsizing. Rightsizing is about having the correct number pilots to fly the right number of aircraft needed to service the owners/customers. What you are suggesting is artificially manipulating the need for more pilots thereby wrong-sizing the pilot roster and unnecessarily inflating the labor cost and putting the company at a competitive disadvantage. I don't know about you, but in this economy, I want my company to be as competitive as it can be while still providing a good wage and quality of life for it's employees. If the company is competitive, maybe they will attract more owners, and a recall will be warranted. Conversely, if you force the company to be less competitive, fewer owners will renew their contracts, and more of your brothers will hit the streets. Just something to think about...

Last edited:
Clearly, you've decided you know best who deserves to keep their job and who doesn't. Screw seniority, it's not in YOUR best interest. Well, at least it's not in your best interest today... You must be from the "me" generation where mommy and daddy spoiled you and gave you everything you ever wanted just for asking. You also probably have several childhood sports trophies for "participation" because we all know everyone is a winner for taking part right? Apparently, your parents screwed you up so much that you now honestly expect others give you their jobs because YOU deem younger people more worthy of those jobs. Here's a news flash for you, just because older pilots have "enough" in YOUR estimation does not give you the right to expect them to give up their job for someone else.

As for pilots working overtime or the 18 day schedule while guys are furloughed, that's a personal moral dilemma. The company didn't furlough because they just wanted to cut costs. They did it because they had too many pilots and they were wasting money. It's called rightsizing. Rightsizing is about having the correct number pilots to fly the right number of aircraft needed to service the owners/customers. What you are suggesting is artificially manipulating the need for more pilots thereby wrong-sizing the pilot roster and unnecessarily inflating the labor cost and putting the company at a competitive disadvantage. I don't know about you, but in this economy, I want my company to be as competitive as it can be while still providing a good wage and quality of life for it's employees. If the company is competitive, maybe they will attract more owners, and a recall will be warranted. Conversely, if you force the company to be less competitive, fewer owners will renew their contracts, and more of your brothers will hit the streets. Just something to think about...

I "strenuously object" to the use of logic. :smash:

What shall the rabid of FI feed upon...

:beer:

On that note, for those of you who can, make Signature a minimum uplift / fuel around FBO. Apparently a pilot is good enough to buy gas from them, but not qualified to work the desk. Might just have to post this on the corporate forum as well.
.[/QUOTE]
Why would I do that? Because somebody on a message board could not secure employment with them? What you suggest is absurd and an embarrassment for professional aviation. Are you for real?

As for pilots working overtime or the 18 day schedule while guys are furloughed, that's a personal moral dilemma. The company didn't furlough because they just wanted to cut costs. They did it because they had too many pilots and they were wasting money. It's called rightsizing. Rightsizing is about having the correct number pilots to fly the right number of aircraft needed to service the owners/customers

No moral dilemma here and for most I have spoken with. You contradict yourself in your above explanation.

No moral dilemma here and for most I have spoken with. You contradict yourself in your above explanation.

How did I contradict myself? The moral dilemma is do you try to help your friends and furloughed coworkers by artificially making the company endure the burden of unnecessary additional pilots, or do you have some responsibility to your company? And more importantly, are you really helping the pilot group if you weaken the company to the point that it becomes less competitive and loses additional owners thereby causing more furloughs?

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you have never put any of your own money into running a business. Your answer is simply make the company pay. They don't need it, but they can afford it. It must be nice to live in your world where the answer to all your problems is to stick your hand out and ask someone else to give a little more.

Yes indeed, and a well respected one. Eventually, people like bosdrx, will get a clue.

Tell that to the 495 furloughed who see their "brothers" picking up extended time while they languish on the street. Perhaps its the active NJA pilots that need an education on how to behave when there are people on furlough.

Latest resources

Back