• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bring Back People on furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not that optimistic about the impact of opening up some HBA to a small number of pilots on property with regard to recalls, but it is certainly good for all NJA pilots to have access to those airports now.

Well it ain't gonna be good for those in the big pilot bases who are gonna pick up the slack. Never has been. PBI and CMH guys are gonna get hosed on this one. They should've let the membership vote on it rather than say it benefits all.
But heck, I'm in the sticks and don't care 'cause I airline out on day one or two and am back home in time for lunch with the boss of the house on day seven.

It's no different than the 100 base system as far as staffing.

Well it ain't gonna be good for those in the big pilot bases who are gonna pick up the slack. Never has been. PBI and CMH guys are gonna get hosed on this one. They should've let the membership vote on it rather than say it benefits all.
But heck, I'm in the sticks and don't care 'cause I airline out on day one or two and am back home in time for lunch with the boss of the house on day seven.

It has always been like this.

If you are currently based in one of the five domiciles, what does this HBA program offer ?

The ability to move in the future should you choose to and still have 220+ possible airports to be based out of.

"Granted there will be some FOs that will jump ship, but I personally can’t rationalize such a move based on a couple of very important criteria.."

I believe most pilots at NJA feel the same way and that is why I don't believe there will be any recalls anytime soon. In addition, what motivation does the company have to increase our wages when we are already the highest paid, no one will leave / retire, and we are still in the red?

I believe most of our capts are in their 40s. Is the average Capt going to leave his 6 fig salary to commute to JFK to sit reserve on the MD-80? I might....but most won't.

I know it has been covered before but if you are furloughed or junior and under 50 than I would highly recommend getting your personal finances ready for first year pay at a major in the next two - three years. Delta and especially American are my recommendations. Think over the end game 10 / 20 years down the road...not 2 or 3.

I would rather not post numbers shared in company recurrent on this site but it was my takeaway that we still had a long way to go.

The only way I see recalls is if:

1. NJA GROWS the fleet (Not likely)
2. The Old guys start dying at the crowne plaza (cause none will retire)
3. D-Bags STOP accepting the Extended days
4. DS goes away

Latest resources

Back