Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Could go into dispatch as well.... pending the medical issue..like many of us, the medical issue is the show stopper.. God speed, it sucks, I know.. age 37 for me..

Some one has a bad medical problem and you make light of it. May you receive the same treatement if and when it happens to you. Grow up.

Lighten up Francis.

In case you didn't know, that's a quote from the movie Stripes. A comedy about war.

Oh, I'm sorry, should we not make light of war? It's pretty serious stuff. Women and children killed. Not appropriate to joke about, I suppose. Curse you, Bill Murray!

Yup...his airline career is over, but he's alive. Hope he purchased the Loss Of License Insurance. Enjoy the early retirement.

Thats the same thing they USED to say about heart attacks, high blood pressure, diabetes, vision issues, etc. The feds are opening up to a lot of things that used to be the career ender.

Lighten up Francis.

I know the movie Stripes well. The quote has been used on FI quite a bit.

So then it would be OK for people to make light of your health problems. If you think that is funny well, everybody has different humor. Some more mature than others.

My reply was "Grow UP" Francis.

Not so, We had quite a few that lost their medical that went into the training department at the commuter I previously worked for! Let's see, home every night and make more money!

Either way, Glad he is OK and hope he has a speedy diagnosis and recovery.

KBB
Good point. I just had an RLOFT and was talking with the sim instructor about different positions opening up in the training dept. I asked him if he still enjoys instructing or if he misses flying the line. His response: He said he made 110k last year and is home every night.

My reply was "Grow UP" Francis.

Methinks you take yourself WAY too seriously. I suspect you've never dealt with situations in which humor takes the edge off otherwise horrific circumstances.

a 54 yr old FO?

Probably a second career. Even with one retirement coming in you won't belive how many people will go take another full time job beacause, "The don't want to be bored,".

Hey Could go into dispatch as well.... pending the medical issue..like many of us, the medical issue is the show stopper.. God speed, it sucks, I know.. age 37 for me..

I'm sorry to read this. Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back