Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Brian Wilson Endorses The ASA Coalition!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My Question, why would you want to vote on a proffer.

You may be correct that this proffer would horrible, pro mgmnt, and cause us to take hugh concessions. It also may not be a bad deal w/ advances for the rank and file. Until I read it I will never know....

You may be correct that this proffer would horrible, pro mgmnt, and cause us to take hugh concessions. It also may not be a bad deal w/ advances for the rank and file. Until I read it I will never know....

You don't get it. The word "proffer" is synomous with "offer". It's not a decision on the merits of our negotiations, except to declare them at an impasse.

My point is this, yes I understand clearly that this is an offer from the NMB that if either side denies this proffer then the clock starts for the 30 day cooling off period w/ super mediated talks. How do you know that this proffer/offer will be as horrible/pro mgmnt? What harm would it cause for the rank and file to see it read it and tell the reps accept it/refuse it. Just as the company could very well refuse it.

As stated earlier, the chances of a proffer coming to light is moot. So to our negotiations experts PM and JP what now? Do we continue wait in the hopes that LP will change his mind about the gap in proposals and call us back or do we adjust our strategy and start communicating w/ mgmnt again.

The proffer of arbitration isn't an actual "offer" or contract. It is simply a choice given to both ALPA and management to allow an arbitrator to rule on the remaining open issues. If the profer is granted, which everyone agrees it won't, then the two sides have to accept the profer. If either side doesn't accept the profer than a 30 day cooling off period begins. There isn't anything in the profer to actually vote on, in other words it isn't a TA.

That being said, I agree with you that we should alter our game plan in order to get this done.

What are your interests? What are my interests? What are the interests of the pilot group?

I can tell you what my primary interest is. That is stopping the transfer of airplanes to Skywest and job protection. Many pilots I talk to say the same thing.

To continue on with what I said. Once again, who isn't interested in job security and stopping the transfer of assets to Skywest! If you aren't, then what the hell do you stand for. NOTHING! In a world where the DOW is above 12000, unemployment is below 4.5%, SKYW is showing record profits, Delta is about to emerge from BK, gas is down to levels of 3 years ago, I will ask you the same question. Other than the obvious, what do you stand for? What do you want? My guess is to be able to sit around the GO working on "Scenerio's" at 100 hours guarantee every month. By being a messenger of the sky falling era, you are part of the problem, and by no means, part of the solution. We have gone without a pay raise for at least 4 years ( we both know that will turn into 5 in the wink of an eye), and they(you) want a 5 year contact that will take 5 years to amend. I my book, the simple math comes out to more than a few moons, extended out to dam near a generation without ANY raises. Explain that to your children and wife, if you have either to answer to or provide for, how you didn't feel standing up for what is rightfully due you during good times. I stand for all these.

Once again, I say this is about having conviction, a spine and the 8all's to finish the tough fight that is occuring NOW, not in 5 years.

Dick

:smash:

EVERYONE, SHUT UP !!!

I already voted, and I voted for the fab 4. I know Lynn and Barry, and they both meet most of the requirements you mentioned above. Lynn knows the current contract (helped negotiate it), worked with the NMB, and worked with the company on issues. Barry was the hotel committee chairman and worked with the company on hotel issues. I don't know any of the FO rep candidates, on either side, so I am going with the whole team. I am ready to take some improvements and save our jobs.

Lynn had very little to do with the last contract. She and JB stepped in after the first TA was voted down. She has worked with 1 mediator. When did she work with an arbitrator?

Barry, he meets which of the requirements? Hotel committee......

Latest resources

Back