• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Breaking Colgan Alpa News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Golly! Sounds like a super idea! I also think it might cost a lot of money to achieve.

What are YOU willing to pay for it?

[cricket...cricket]

Since you refuse to answer that question directly, we now understand the nature of beast:

You and your RJDC wussies are unwilling to foot any of the negotiating bill to achieve Brand Scope, so you resorted to bottom-feeding lawyers to get your way.

1. The mainline pilots have the leverage and the capital.

2. According to ALPA the mainline pilots are the "owners" of the scope.

3. Ref. 1 & 2 above, yes it would require the mainline pilots to do the heavy lifting.

4. Because of that, it will never happen. Therefor there will be more bidding, and more fighting for the scraps. There also won't be anymore regionals joining ALPA. With Colgan, ALPA is 0 for the last 6 attempts. The Skywest vote will be 0 for 7 with regional pilot groups.

Everyone here has already learned from those mistakes, Joe. We don't need you reminding us of them with every single post you make. And for what it's worth, the current MEC leadership at NWA opposed the NewCo (Compass) debacle. Unfortunately, they weren't the majority when the issue was decided.

Evidently everyone hasn't learned.... that's why we now have Compass. Occam will be here shortly to tell you why Compass was a good idea.

I'm not reminding you about how badly ALPA has handled scope..... I'm reminding those who are thinking of voting ALPA onto the property. I would vote ALPA off the property if given the choice and I think those who are voting should hear BOTH sides.... fair and balanced you know...

PCL_128 said:
Agreed. So how 'bout some solutions instead of just attacking the past. You apparently agree that the "brand scope" ship has sailed, so what other ideas do you have?

If ALPA can't solve the problem of us competing against one another, then I am willing to compete against everyone else.... That's what the mainline guys are doing... they are undercutting the regionals now for the 70-90 seat flying.

I have said it before........ either stop the competition within a brand, or participate in the bidding..... I would prefer the first, but I am ready for the latter.... including bidding for larger aircraft.... what should we start the bidding at for 737 flying????

Evidently everyone hasn't learned.... that's why we now have Compass. Occam will be here shortly to tell you why Compass was a good idea.

I generally agree with Occam on most things, but I disagreed with him on the concessionary TA and the NewCo concession in particular. I agreed with Captain Ray Miller, then the Council 20 CA Rep, that the TA cut too deep and didn't follow the direction of the MEC and the pilot group on the issue of scope. But, in the end, the pilot group spoke with their votes and decided it was worth the lost flying.

I have said it before........ either stop the competition within a brand, or participate in the bidding..... I would prefer the first, but I am ready for the latter.... including bidding for larger aircraft.... what should we start the bidding at for 737 flying????

Translation: "I have absolutely no solutions to offer, just a bunch of b!tching. If I can't get my way, then I'll steal everyone else's flying and file lawsuits against everything that moves." :rolleyes:

1. The mainline pilots have the leverage and the capital.

2. According to ALPA the mainline pilots are the "owners" of the scope.

3. Ref. 1 & 2 above, yes it would require the mainline pilots to do the heavy lifting.

4. Because of that, it will never happen.

There it is!

Conclusive evidence that the RJDC geniuses refuse to accept the price of Brand Scope. They want it...but don't think they should have to pay for any part of it.

I didn't ask you who "owned" Scope...but you knew that. I also didn't ask who would pay the larger price at the table to achieve it. I asked, simply:

What are you willing to pay for it?

And I predicted you would never answer the question.

Stupid + Predictable = RJDC

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back