• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Brazil Mid-Air Survivor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with the above about getting the hell out of there or to a US embassy. I know someone that knows one of those guys and he had heard through a family member they were being "detained" under constant watch by the military police. I don't think they could of left if they tried.

Even if the Embraer had a mechanical defect with the tcas or adc, they are going to bury those pilots and protect their national product. It is just the way it goes down there. These two will be scapegoats. God help them.

______
Yeah, a bit of bias, AND he wants his $80 back. tool.

No you retard.... what I am trying to do is not jump to conclusions and not believe what the press is putting out there. Specially brazillian press.... A close buddy has been in touch with one of the pilots and the stories in print are a little different, just like they are in the states with their knee jerk reporting. I hope the best for them and would not want to be in their shoes, but there still is lots of hope.

As for the 80 bucks.... sorry you can't take a joke.... so why don't have a nice cup of STFU and enjoy logging your single engine cessna pic time.... glad you got the B in that model there toolio..... could have been confusing.

Oh boy, you again, you know that the Comair FO is out of the hospital now. I'm still waiting to hear about the impending arrest warrant for murder that you suggested he receive. I guess esquire you don't understand the word "precedent".

Whatever dude, I didn't mention Comair; I simply asked you to cite your ridiculous and unsupportable statement. Evidently, you were sleeping through the whole State of Florida v. Two Drunk Airline Pilots trial.

As far as the word "precedent" goes, that would mean that there is a citation from previous court cases supporting your argument, which for some reason you are unable to produce.

While I got you here, the State of Kentucky has pending legislation, House Bill 613, which:
HB 613 creates a new section of KRS Chapter 507 to establish the crime of negligent homicide when, with ordinary negligence, a person causes the death of another person under twelve years of age.

It don't say nothing about, "except airplane pilots".

After the passage of that law, I would vehemently suggest you volunteer to give KY young eagle rides to 11.75 year olds after neglecting to secure the gas caps and see what happens, Mr. Precedent.

As far as whether prosecutors chose to charge a case, that's up to the individual prosecutor. It's called "prosecutorial discretion", not precedent. If a prosecutor waits a year, he waits a year. Some prosecutors refuse to charge based on "the interests of justice". Which simply means that a prosecutor has decided that it would not be in the interest of the criminal justice system to have such a case charged. Just because someone isn't charged, it doesn't mean that crime hasn't been committed.

I'm still waiting to hear about the impending arrest warrant for murder that you suggested he receive.
I don't know why you are bringing this up, but I never used the word murder in describing any homicide; nor did I suggest anybody "must" get anything.

Does anyone know if the US will extradite to Brazil? Brazil won't extradite its own nationals to the US to face charges, I didn't know if our government would.
What does extradition have anything to do with this? Those two pilots are IN Brazil...if in fact the US doesn't honor extradition requests from Brazil, that only means that it is absolutely certain them boys won't be coming home anytime soon.

I don't know why you are bringing this up, but I never used the word murder in describing any homicide; nor did I suggest anybody "must" get anything.

I guess you don't remember getting band for your statements? First you insinuated that the individual should receive police protection for possible reprisals from the accident victims families. Then you strongly (over and over) suggested that he might be in criminal trouble and that he might be put on trial for "homicide". As for pilots being tried for homicide in the United States, why you enlighten me with an example of a case?

I guess you don't remember getting band for your statements? First you insinuated that the individual should receive police protection for possible reprisals from the accident victims families. Then you strongly (over and over) suggested that he might be in criminal trouble and that he might be put on trial for "homicide". As for pilots being tried for homicide in the United States, why you enlighten me with an example of a case?

First: It's banned, not band...the only instruments I know how to play, are those which measure electronic signals and those which measure various air molecule data.

Second: Witness protection, it is a program. In Milwaukee a wedding dress maker has received death threats for closing shop and filing bankruptcy. What crazy people do in the case of other things is up to them...but the police does have a responsibility to protect witnesses from those who may choose to engage in retribution.

Three: I can cite all 50 US state's statutes regarding negligent homicide, reckless homicide, but I don't have to...they exist and you still can not provide one shred of evidence that a pilot may commit a crime in any state and expect to receive immunity from prosecution.

Show us the precedent...precedent means it is written down somewhere, certainly you can find this precedent.

Does anyone know if the US will extradite to Brazil? Brazil won't extradite its own nationals to the US to face charges, I didn't know if our government would.

The US DOES have a bilateral treaty of extradition with Brazil for drug trafficking. United States Treaty 2093, signed January 13, 1961 and entered into force on December 17, 1964.

United States Embassy said:
http://brasilia.usembassy.gov/index.php?action=materia&id=521&submenu=3&itemmenu=29

Brazil and the United States are parties to a bilateral extradition treaty signed in 1961. Brazil cooperates with the United States and other countries in the extradition of non-Brazilian nationals accused of narcotics-related crimes. According to the Brazilian constitution, however, no Brazilian shall be extradited, except naturalized Brazilians in the case of a common crime committed before naturalization, or in the case where there is sufficient evidence of participation in the illicit traffic of narcotics and related drugs, under the terms of the law. There were no extraditions to the U.S. of persons accused of counternarcotics activities in 2000. However, there is one extradition request pending in the Brazilian Supreme Court concerning a DEA fugitive who was arrested in 2000.

First: It's banned, not band...the only instruments I know how to play, are those which measure electronic signals and those which measure various air molecule data.

Second: Witness protection, it is a program. In Milwaukee a wedding dress maker has received death threats for closing shop and filing bankruptcy. What crazy people do in the case of other things is up to them...but the police does have a responsibility to protect witnesses from those who may choose to engage in retribution.

Three: I can cite all 50 US state's statutes regarding negligent homicide, reckless homicide, but I don't have to...they exist and you still can not provide one shred of evidence that a pilot may commit a crime in any state and expect to receive immunity from prosecution.

Show us the precedent...precedent means it is written down somewhere, certainly you can find this precedent.

Thanks for the example of the wedding dress maker, and for proofing my post! I guess you don't have any examples of any pilots being tried for homicide in relation to an aircraft accident? Oh well, have a nice day watching Law and Order!!

p.s. Its "police do have a responsibility to protect witnesses from those who may choose to engage in retribution."

I guess you don't have any examples of any pilots being tried for homicide in relation to an aircraft accident?

I can't speak for prosecutors as to why they choose to utilize their discretion in aircraft related criminal negligence cases, no more than you can cite your reference to precedent.

Latest resources

Back