• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Brazil Mid-Air Survivor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Legacy 600 sales will go through the roof!

If it happened like this guy says it did, then those guys are amazingly lucky. Very sad we can't be saying the same thing for the passengers on the 737.

wow is right. unbelievable. what are the rules in Brazil for assigning flight levels? Are they similar to in the US with RVSM?

I wonder what part of the 73 they hit, to cuase such little damage (for a mid-air) to the legacy, and take down the 73?

Winglet through the cockpit window?

Winglet taking out the horizontle stab ?

A 73 is a pretty tough ship, and it would be interesting to know what part was hit just right to take it down.

Mark

wow is right. unbelievable. what are the rules in Brazil for assigning flight levels? Are they similar to in the US with RVSM?
Most of south america is non radar. When I was flying down there TCAS was not required either ....... It just does not compare to stateside flying.

Reading the article, the reporter confirms that the Legacy was flying at FL370, on a northwest track. Anybody else see the problem?

I just found out that a buddy of mine was the FO on the Legacy. I will be interested to see what he has to say about it.

How about posting the article for those who don't want to subscribe to the NYT?

How about posting the article for those who don't want to subscribe to the NYT?

Was Jan Palidino an ex ACA pilot and Furloughed American Pilot?

Cya

Latest resources

Back