• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Brakes work...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's a result of deregulation. Time was, pilots could afford imported shoes made of soft Corinthian leather. These days, a pair has to last ten years or more, causing a switch to heavy lumberjack boots or clodhoppers. Gentle braking is nearly impossible. :D

True... especially in the winter. Because my airplane is so small and doesn't attach to a jetway easily, I have to traipse my way through inches of snow and deicing fluid.

What is up with all the HEAVY braking during landing on so many regional flights?

crjdude

99.9% of my flight i have ATC telling me to expedite to clear the runway. It's always rush rush rush. Expedite to your gate etc....
Now I couldn't care less. Pax and brakes come first. Screw ATC.

Perhaps it is a result of the Captains taking control of the airplane around 60-80 knots on the landing rollout to "taxi" it off and the resultant disconnect that occurs between what the FO thinks the Captain wants and what the Captain actually wants. I'm just sayin...

I don't get paid any more to make 'em smooth, so I get my money's worth with every chance

99.9% of my flight i have ATC telling me to expedite to clear the runway. It's always rush rush rush. Expedite to your gate etc....

There is no reason for you to do that other than trying to be deuch. Be careful so that you don't get behind one of your types when you have low fuel and going around is not an option. Karma is a real lady.

Take it as a sign. This is like the old guy (wearing a hat) driving slow in the left lane on the 405 and can't for the life of him understand why so many people honk, tailgate and give the 'hi' sign these days.

There is no reason for you to do that other than trying to be deuch. Be careful so that you don't get behind one of your types when you have low fuel and going around is not an option. Karma is a real lady.

You have severe problems if you ever get to this point.

You are missing my point. It gets very tiresome being told to expedite all the time.
ATC is micromanaging us to death. Left 10 degrees, right 5 degrees. Slow to 180, slow to 170, speed up to 180. Left 5 degrees. Slow to 150.........Expedite off the runway. WTF????
Day in and day out, it gets old.
If your that low on fuel then declare! I will be more than happy to get out of your way.

i was told to expedite off the runway once and i said "sure, but ill need a billing address to send the invoice for my new brakes" then ATC said " uh, roger, left turn when able and contact ground point 7" ..... true story, try it one day.

Latest resources

Back