• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Boycott Pinnacle Apps

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not to hijack the thread, but who has the best benefit's for a new hire. I'm just curious to see who actually set's the bar for what some of the regionals should do for new-hires.

For PSA they pay you your 72 month reserve guarantee while in training from day one as well as 24 hour per-diem untill you recieve your relocation days. They also pay your hotel expenses and are givin your own room. Travel benefits start as soon as you recieve your ID, usually 2-3 days.

Next?

No pay while in training? How are you suppose to survive? Not everyone has mommy & daddy to wipe your butt the whole way.

Mesaba newhire:

75 hr guarantee from day 1
Company ID day 1
Travel benefits day 1
Single occupancy hotel provided at no cost day 1
Per Diem

Treated like an adult with a real paying job (although not a real high paying job) from day 1

Welcome aboard to our newhires - we're glad to have you.

fly4ever said:
Mesaba newhire:

75 hr guarantee from day 1
Company ID day 1
Travel benefits day 1
Single occupancy hotel provided at no cost day 1
Per Diem

Treated like an adult with a real paying job (although not a real high paying job) from day 1

Welcome aboard to our newhires - we're glad to have you.

Not to split hairs, but per diem doesn't start for new hires until after IOE is done. But overall, you can't ask for anything more as a new hire. First class, all the way.

main line guys are the only ones that can stop it. They have to make their pimps stop use'n the cheapest whores out there that just kinda get the job done. They need to limit the RJ groth and utilization by setting standards for the RJ-airline to use the mainline name. Anything to drive the cost up for rjs and tprops to fly to make it less appealing to the big man and begin utilizing the big mommas that can get a lot of people on and off at a low cost per head.

short word on pay for training

All you guys out there are not looking at the big picture of our industry right now. Overall, its a money losing industry and pilots think that its as easy as negotiating in order to get paid more. While im not on one side or another, any airline's management has real tough times in the future. Training costs for new hires is an enourmous financial burden for the airlines, and with attrition the way it is, many times they do not make the money they spent on a pilot's training back. If you truly love aviation, and love flying, this is the industry for you. But if you expect to make lots of money, and have job security down the road, maybe you should think of other career opportunities, cause this industry is only going to cause stress. Personally, I plan on investing at least 10 years of my life at my regional airline before moving up to a major. So what's 2 mo's out of that time really going to matter? When choosing an airline, look for job security first. You don't want to have to worry about getting furloghed if you can help it. If that means living on nothing for 2 mo's, then take it by all means. For those of you thinking of applying to Pinnacle, do your homework, but take no shame in sticking out your training cycle without getting paid. Every man for himself in the airline biz!!!

When you don't have any money, two months is a whole lot.

Especially a four year degree holding CFII/MEI 1000+ hour pilot who probably has bills to pay, and thinks more of their time.

I'm just giving my viewpoint which is worth what you get from it......... I personally would not want to be hung out to dry for two or three months with just a room to sleep in just so I could fly a jet for an airline.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back