• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Boycott Pinnacle Apps

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nothing against Pinnacle drivers, but I would boycott just because of this new bogus interview test.

Asking CRJ questions? Get real. If the pilot group doesn't understand high altitude aerodynamics and/or how to fly the CRJ, then fix the training dept. not the interview test.

That is NOT a rip on Pinnacle drivers (again). I just get the vibe they are expecting things out of interview candidates in an effort to change the pilot group. That's like asking new babysitters if they have a criminal record after one of them molests your kid.

Unless I am missing something I think that is way messed up.

Right on Towelie! Unfortunately, our management is never going to use that much logic.

I agree to boycott Pinnacle. They are so CHEAP! No pay during training, no hotel, no travel benefits, no use of company copier, etc. Having a shoestring budget will catch up to these Memphis hicks that think they can be an airline. Ever heard of investing in your employees!

This is not a knock on any company! I'm a wannabe and I won't be applying to Pinnacle or SkyWest for the above stated reasons. By the way, was there one of those small print disclaimers in the USA Today ad that said you'd better know the CRJ systems before the Pinnacle interview?

Just by reading these boards, I'm guessing training is about 8 weeks. That's a long time to go without any paycheck, and it becomes even longer if you're supposed to pay for a hotel. Making $18,000 a year is bad enough, so getting paid in training is a prerequisite before I'll even send out an application.

Note also that Pinnacle does not even technically hire you until you pass your checkride, so not only do get paid nothing during training, when you finally do start getting paid it is about 2 months after you started "working" there. That means that your longevity pay increase, and relief from first-year-pay misery, will come that much later than it otherwise would.

Josh M.

PCL_128 said:
Not that I'm against the idea, but T-Gates is right. Too many people have SJS (Shiny Jet Syndrome). You'll never stop the Pinnacles of the world from screwing over pilots. I just hope that our negotiating committee is working on this problem in our contract negotiations right now.

Hey PCL_128.......Did you have SPS (Shiny Prop Syndrome) when you PAID for flight time at Gulfstream!!!!!!!!!!!????

PCL_128 said:
Didn't Skywest just start this practice last year? I don't think it was always that way there.

Untrue. Many of the senior pilots I know there were unpaid during training. Of course their training period was much shorter compared to the RJ training today. Someone with more knowledge of SKYW history may be correcting me shortly but I think getting paid during training was a fairly shortlived practice from sometime in 1999 or 2000 until shortly after 9/11. Unlike many other carriers, SKYW was a notable exception during the PFT era. SKYW was never a PFT airline. Not many regionals can make that claim. Oddly enough the one regional we all like to bash, Mesa, was not PFT either.

IMHO not paying newhires reduces the hiring pool. It may even increase training costs. You might be able to spend less time in an expensive simulator with an experienced turbine pilot versus a CFI who is willing to work for free for 2 months.

The smart applicants will put theirs in at Air Wisconsin, Not Pinnacle!
The expansion wave is over at Pinnacle, it's a dead end!

I can honestly say that I have already been living this...I can have a resume walked into skywest...but refuse because of the no pay while in training....I'm tired of feeling like a second class citizen...I think all commercial pilots should be in a union...wether your with an airline or not...the industry would change in a quick hurry

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back