Boycott Pinnacle Apps

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ataopsdave said:
I just went and compared our OTP to Mesaba's and it is over 2% better YTD. Should I go back even farther?
Yes. Go back to the winter storms and compare. Also, factor 2 new CRJ's totalled. What does that add up to in dollars. Good luck keeping that flying if NWA cant insure their planes with Peanuckle pilots up front. Just one more false move. Talk about thin ice.

ILSJUNKIE, do you know what an ASA is? How about what it says about what conditions are required to reduce Pinnacles flying. When a winter storm drops in, no airlines OTP is good. Also, big NWA chooses what flights cancel and which ones go. Guess who gets most of the cancelations? We still need a source for all this "research". Flightinfo doesn't count.

------

Welcome aboard Dave.

flying the line

During the Comair strike, I was asked to walk in a resume at Flight Options. This I did. On the resume: 1,200 hrs tt 300 jet, 350 multi engine. Now, all of that time was hard earned. It wasn't enought to get a job offer.

Now, I ask you: If working at Pinnacle earns you the NEXT job isn't it wort it? Only you can answer that.

awacs said:
During the Comair strike, I was asked to walk in a resume at Flight Options. This I did. On the resume: 1,200 hrs tt 300 jet, 350 multi engine. Now, all of that time was hard earned. It wasn't enought to get a job offer.

Now, I ask you: If working at Pinnacle earns you the NEXT job isn't it wort it? Only you can answer that.

Yeah its worth it, if your a whore and have no self respect for yourself or the industry.

But the funny thing is, when its time for a contract or when pilots get together, they start whining about there pay.

What leg do these guys at these regionals have to stand on when it comes to pay negotiations when at the begining you are already telling the company you will work for free.

You got your shinny jet, now go make them money.

ILSJUNKIE said:
Good possibility of losing some or ALL Airlink flying due to safety record and extremely poor performance. Mesaba get ready. CRJ-200's coming soon.

Maybe the most important thing I learned about aviation when I worked as a CFI.

"Believe it when you see it"

So far that has held true everywhere I have worked in the aviation world.

I think it's hilarious that you'all get on your high and mighty horses about a boycott when upgrades dry up. Just so ya know, I did not PFT and went to pncl in 2000 after instructing and (gasp) flying single pilot freight in mountainous terrain where it snows and rains. Could have gone to most regionals back then as long as I showed up sober for the interview, Pinnacle was my first choice and no regrets. Did have to survive during training with a family to support, but with the exception of skywest, no other airline could have got me to the place I am today. So go fly some airplanes for a few years and you will be suprised at the windows that will open for you. In the meantime stop whining about your RIGHT to be a jet captain with 1500 hours.

Recently, while riding the jumpseat on a TED flight flown my two x military pilots, I felt like I might die. Only after a go-around (caused by both pilots failure to accuratly complete a checklist) we landed without, YES THATs WITHOUT, ever calling the tower.

Way to go US Military Pilot Training!!!! Attention to detail, attention to detail.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back