Boycott Pinnacle Apps

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RampTower said:
You do have to remember the quality of training at the military level has far higher standards and is structured with much more discipline than the airlines. But it's also like comparing apples and oranges.

Exactly. Yet the public and pilots are ok with the quality of training. Sure am glad that most pilots have a good deal of self motivation to read the books necessary on their own time and dime to properly be prepared to fly jet aircraft. They sure aren't going to get the info in a regional airline schoolhouse.

Its actually kinda funny, pinchnickles pilot flight time requirements now are 1000 TT, 100 multi, and hardly any instrument time! HA! I guess that having a hard time finding higher time guys that are willing to work for penuts and put up with their BS.

Roger Murdoch said:
This is my first reply here. I agree that people should stop applying to Pinnacle and Skywest to force their hand to stop this practice. However, I look at it from the standpoint that I got a job at a carrier that does not believe in this practice and I therefore am ahead of the game a little bit. If people feel they can do it, then let them. I don't know about Pinnacle but I've heard good things about OO. One thing is for sure, these companies probably are not getting as many resumes as other airlines. I could be wrong but from reading this thread it sounds like there are some who have not and wil not send them any resumes.
And for flyboyDH who said he looks at it as an investment for ten years so what is a couple of months?
What if they asked you to forgo your first year salary? Would you do it since it is only one year out of ten?
Another thing, you claim that this is a necessary practice given the carriers' financial position, do you believe that from day one, any management position filled has to wait through training before receiving anything from the company. If true, then the company truly beleives this practice, if not, they are only doing this because they know they can and therefore are not very reputable.
Just another pilot giving his 2 cents. :)
For Murdoch. 1 year/10 years would be outrageous. You can't really compare training to actual line flying. I would never succomb to that because I would actually be part of the companies profits rather than part of their loss(as we are during training). Also, please tell me when you guys are waiting to apply to southwest, but unwilling to get a 737 type. I have not talked to one SWA pilot who regrets being there. They made an investment because they believed in their company. And that says something. And now who's making the money. Both the company and the pilots. And everyone's happy. There is no such thing as a free lunch, and we all pay our dues one way or the other. If you aren't willing to go without pay for 2 mo's, then there is someone that is more motivated, and just as qualified as you to take your position.

flyboydh1 said:
Every man for himself in the airline biz!!!

Its people that think like you that are screwing us all. Give me a break! We are all in this together! Sure we all have to individually pay our dues, but we also have to watch each others backs.

Flybet3 said:
Its actually kinda funny, pinchnickles pilot flight time requirements now are 1000 TT, 100 multi, and hardly any instrument time! HA! I guess that having a hard time finding higher time guys that are willing to work for penuts and put up with their BS.

Word on the street is that finding qualified pilots is the least of pinnacles problems right now. Serious Stuff!

ILSJUNKIE said:
Word on the street is that finding qualified pilots is the least of pinnacles problems right now. Serious Stuff!

Whats the word? Source?

Good possibility of losing some or ALL Airlink flying due to safety record and extremely poor performance. Mesaba get ready. CRJ-200's coming soon.

I cannot comment on the safety record but we are better than Mesaba in OTP and Completion factor for the month. So I dont see where our OTP is an issue

ataopsdave said:
I cannot comment on the safety record but we are better than Mesaba in OTP and Completion factor for the month. So I dont see where our OTP is an issue

UHHHHH...you might want to look just a little bit farther than the current month, pal. If things continue, you guys wont even be able to insure your (NWA's) aircraft.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back