Boycott Pinnacle Apps

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Way2Broke

I say that all of us out there looking for jobs at the regionals boycott sending resumes into Pinnacle. The trend towards unpaid training (and not even putting you up) has got to stop. If it continues flying will turn into a rich kids game. I know we all want airline jobs really bad, but that is simply unreasonable! Pinnacle pilots I don't have any beef with you, just with the unpaid training.

I want a big shiny paycheck during training. You make a good point though.

Last edited:
Not that I'm against the idea, but T-Gates is right. Too many people have SJS (Shiny Jet Syndrome). You'll never stop the Pinnacles of the world from screwing over pilots. I just hope that our negotiating committee is working on this problem in our contract negotiations right now.

What makes you think 1300 hours is WORTH any kind of paycheck flying jets? And you talk about boycotting? Holy crap man. Get real.

Way2Broke said:
I say that all of us out there looking for jobs at the regionals boycott sending resumes into Pinnacle. The trend towards unpaid training (and not even putting you up) has got to stop. If it continues flying will turn into a rich kids game. I know we all want airline jobs really bad, but that is simply unreasonable! Pinnacle pilots I don't have any beef with you, just with the unpaid training.

Ahahhhahahhahahahahha, whoo hooo ahahahahhahaha, hehehehehehe oh oh <sniff> ahahahahahhaha.....

Seriously, trying to get wannabes to do that is like telling people to stop eating fast food because it might be bad for them.

Nu

I'm going to get flamed for this one, but if I don't have any business flying a jet then what business does the 500 hour pilots that pinnacle hires have? Sure, if you went to gufstream and got a job from it....more power to ya and congrats on your job. Sure I would love to fly a RJ but I would be perfectly happy in a prop too. Are you for unpaid training? I see your time, and obviously you have been around a while and thats awesome. You've probably has one heck of a career, but do you not remember what it was like trying to get your first big break into the airlines?

Way2Broke said:

I don't think you should be boycotting an airline because they don't pay for your training. Granted, it'd be fair if Pinnacle was on the level and did pay you during training. At the same time, there's no reason that you can't set aside a little money to get you through while your in Memphis. People do have the "shinny jet syndrome," and that's the price you pay to get there quick. Couple that in with a quick upgrade time and very nice people and sure you'll have people going there.

Should ANY airline hire a pilot with 500 hours? Hell no. Whomever was saying the FAA should go to 1500 hours min to fly for an airline is right.

First the 500 hr. question. They don't. Next, yes I do remember trying to get my first airline job. But then, no one came up with 500 hours, 1000 hours, even 2000 hours trying to get a "commuter" job. And the best of these jobs were flying 19-seat turboprops.

Also, no one had the sense of entitlement I see everywhere these days. "I got my 500 hours. Where's my jet?"

Give a Cessna 182 job that paid 50K a year and I'll kick a Jets a$$ good bye!!!!! Dont get me wrong, yes a Jet is fun and cool...but there's not reason why you should make 18k a year, and 20k the second year flying a 50 seat multi million dollar jet, that goes wether you're a 500 or 2000 hr FO

Notice Yank doesn't show any regional aircraft in his experience. And with 18,000 hours (if that's true) your talking getting hired somewhere around mid seventies. Right around deregulation time and a flurry of new upstart airlines, he probably didn't even sit on reserve. Just jealous that you may get to fly a jet, when he had to poke around in a connie.

I agree with you though, no one should have to pay for training or their hotel during training (this includes paying for a type). If companies are worried that you will run off after training or wash out leaving them with the bill, then they need to have a better interviewing process and benefits to retain candidates. Unforturnately, it will never happen, because someone will justify the expense to "fly for this particular company" or "fly this type of jet". Notice everyone bashes the regionals for "pay for training", but no one says anything about paying $7,000 for a 737 type.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back