• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bottom of the list of CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are exactly correct with regards to the snapshot being taken yesterday. That's where it gets difficult. CAL has to recall to fly the schedule for the remainder of 2010 and will need even more to fly the 2011 schedule as it is right now. It is only fair that the pilots brought on to do this come from the UAL list. What happens when the SLI is finalized by the arbitrator? The idea is not to have to furlough again at that point. I think the new management will be very careful to work something out with the UAL MEC that addresses this concern. I have faith in the CALMEC and UALMEC in that they will come to an agreement with Jeff and company that works out best for all those furloughed.

Each operation will continue separately. If the CAL side needs to recall, they'll recall CAL pilots. Now recalled pilots may be junior to still furloughed pilots on the combined Seniority List. This will be addressed, but the recalled pilots will not be bumped to bring more senior pilots on after SOC.

Last edited:
You are exactly correct with regards to the snapshot being taken yesterday. That's where it gets difficult. CAL has to recall to fly the schedule for the remainder of 2010 and will need even more to fly the 2011 schedule as it is right now. It is only fair that the pilots brought on to do this come from the UAL list. What happens when the SLI is finalized by the arbitrator? The idea is not to have to furlough again at that point. I think the new management will be very careful to work something out with the UAL MEC that addresses this concern. I have faith in the CALMEC and UALMEC in that they will come to an agreement with Jeff and company that works out best for all those furloughed.

I would anticipate all furloughees, both CAL and UAL, to be stapled at the bottom of the active list based on relative seniority.
If CAL recalls furloughees, I hope that AFTER recalling all CAL furloughees, they'll offer recall rights to UAL furloughees rather than hiring off the street. I'm probably too low on the list to be benefit from this; I was hired in June 2000.

Whatever happens I hope we can all work together...........

I am on the top of the Furloughed UAL list with a hire date of 8/99

Whatever happens I hope we can all work together...........

I am on the top of the Furloughed UAL list with a hire date of 8/99

We hope you are back soon... The key is, if we all can work together, we can take back all of the over 50 seat flying, and you will have a great career again.

Yogi

when NWA and DAL combined the list NWA had some on furlough, that had bypassed the recall and where given extra time to stay on the furlough bypass status i think 2 or 3 years. there seniority list intergration was put into the Whole SLI as if they where on property and if they take a recall they will go back to what they would have held. I beleive there are maybe 150 or so NWA furlough bypassed out there that can still come back if DAL hires again within there time they where given.

DAL also had a roughly equal number of guys on furlough bypass/military leave.

The total number today is around 300.

Nu

yes - and I believe he was the only dissenting vote for the award.

Metrojet

Its my understanding that he disagreed with not giving UsAir furloughs any longevity consideration. Not DOH but longevity.

I'm sure somebody on here has got a copy of the award and the opinions?

I saw a list. Probably the same spoken of here.

It included the hire date of a friend of mine and his birthday in the list and he is one of the (newly hired in 2008) furloughed Cal 147 midway from the top/bottom of the 147.

But the list did not include the new hired 2008 Ual furloghees.

So it does not seem accurate and seemed whoever made up the list had only one full set of seniority numbers the other just a partial list and did not include the 2008 and 2007 Ual furloughees which was substantially more in number than 147 at Cal.

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere that this home made list was spoken of or presented.

Last edited:
I saw a list. Probably the same spoken of here.

It included the hire date of a friend of mine and his birthday in the list and he is one of the (newly hired in 2008) furloughed Cal 147 midway from the top/bottom of the 147.

But the list did not include the new hired 2008 Ual furloghees.

So it does not seem accurate and seemed whoever made up the list had only one full set of seniority numbers the other just a partial list and did not include the 2008 and 2007 Ual furloughees which was substantially more in number than 147 at Cal.

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere that this home made list was spoken of or presented.

That list is meaningless. Somebody with some time on their hands and a "Jump to Conclusions Mat" came up with that. I don't even think the fella who came up with it is a CAL or UAL pilot. Just speculation. My advice is to follow the Union emails and stay away from the msg boards if this topic gets your blood pressure up.

Latest resources

Back