Bottom-Feeders

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"We have no 5 year FOs and Chautauqua. They're captains in 18 months."

Yep, and they get a whopping $12 an hour more than a CMR 2nd year CRJ50 FO.

Last edited:
Av8tor1 said:
"Sweet Jesus, look at the FO rates. I make $7 per hour more than your five-year FO. That's close to $7,000 per year or $583 per month"

We have no 5 year FOs and Chautauqua. They're captains in 18 months.

You will once your deliveries stop. You can't keep on growing forever. Believe me, it will come to an end.

Your right about growth, everyones growth will come to an end at some point. Just ask pilots at Comair and Air Wisconsin.

I have a lot of respect for Comair pilots, especially those involved in the strike. If all the pilot groups were willing to do what those guys did, everyone regional pilot would be doing much better.

However, I do believe that achieving Comair + anything would have been tough for any regional post 9/11.

I think it basically boils down to growth vs. pay. Which would you have? Sacrifice pay and have your company grow, or sacrifice growth but get better pay? Every pilot has his/her own opinion on which is better. Comair has great pay and poor growth. CHQ has average pay and above average growth.

You really should talk of CHQ growth in the past tense. CHQ HAD growth. There are a couple more UAL planes, and the 16 DL jets over two years! Thats not much. Plus who knows what happens with the USAirways Jets. Dont get to cocky, things rotate around and it will be CHQ who is stagnant before long.

You guys really need to get a CLUE!! Why is nobody talking about the new NON-UNION airline that will start service in Aug. run by Trans States??? If you think CHQ is a bottom feeder, wait till you see the 70 seat rates for this first class operation.

OHHHHHHHH, Now I know why.... They are going to fly for United, not Delta, so you don't give a crap. HMMMMMMM, how long before they get a Delta code share? You Comair guys might want to watch this one closely. I know I am.

I thought this was a Mesa bashing thread?

Geez..Typhoon starts a thread in our defense and we respond by giving him a reason to reconsider doing it? Nice. I've run into a lot of Comair pilots around CVG, had many of them in the jumpseat and in the back as non-revs, and have only experienced professionalism, no matter what they actually thought of Chautauqua. I realize the frustrations of CMR and ASA but I, like many, took the first regional job I could get and that happened to be Chautuaqua. Had things gone differently I could be anywhere else. But I'm here. Outside of the common frustrations everybody in the airlines shares once in awhile, I'm very satisfied and I'm sure the majority of our pilots would say the same thing.
So thanks for the post Typhoon, I hope if you've ridden on us we've treated you equally as well as I've been treated by your crews.

Corbon said:
So thanks for the post Typhoon, I hope if you've ridden on us we've treated you equally as well as I've been treated by your crews.
You're welcome. I haven't had the pleasure of riding on Chataqua yet, but I've had several of your pilots hitch rides with us. Imagine my surprise that none of them had forked tongues and lazy eyes... :D

Seriously, though, the CHQ and Mesa guys I've met have been nothing but courteous and professional. In seven years, I've only had two jumpseaters who--given the choice--I wouldn't let back on my airplane. One was a National 757 captain who (due in part to his unfamiliarity with the CRJ) questioned my judgement as PIC in front of passengers...not smart. The other was one of our own CRJ-700 F/O's who waited until we were already at cruise to reveal the fact that he's a prick.

But I digress...

Yes, you "bottom-feeders," you're welcome on my airplane anytime...except for generaltso. (I wonder what he looks like...)

Imagine my surprise that none of them had forked tongues and lazy eyes... :D

Oh we have em' here. We usually refer to them as flight attendants.:)

Edited to add a smiley in case any of our wonderful FA's know who I am.

Last edited:
Funny how I flew 402s to the bahamas and was told i was flying bottom feeding airplanes to the bahamas only to discover i work for chq now and being called a bottom feeder once again.

i do say the 170 is a much better bottom feeding airplane than the cessna 402 but only a little better (sarcasm)

Later!

Latest resources

Back