• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

boo hoo west children

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
why was it fair in your minds for west guys to gain 15+ years seniority in some cases over east pilots but the world is about to end because an east new hire will get a paycheck for 2-3 whole months after your mighty 4 year career at AWA is on the street?
They wouldn't have gained 15+ years of seniority, because they were already doing the same job as the east guys with that precious extra 15 years! Don't you get it??? If you're a junior Airbus Captain you are a junior Airbus Captain, whether you've been with the company for 7 years or 20 years. THAT is what you greedy, self-centered, short-sighted, destructive easties don't get!

HAL

Well now I thank you, WickedPissa, for being tonights....

Worst
Person
in the
Worldddddd.......

I know it been hashed out, but it's so simple. ( I have no dog in this fight)

You were on the street before merger, you'reon the street after.

You were a captain before, you're a captain after.

You keep what you brought to the table.

Whining like a school girl is expecting someone else to give up a captain seat and go to the street so you can have it.

As an outsider looking in, and seeing the travails of the AWA pilot who was working in a reasonably healthy company (all things considered) and then has the rug pulled out from under them by a company that was d.o.a. It doesn't get more disturbing than that given that the typical line pilot has little say in these matters and all one can do is trust the 'wisdom' of the union leadership.

I can assure you that our union at our airline will fight any and all merger suggestions from our management who apparently already saved us from the ravages of the UAL pilots, assuming this is the template for future pilot integrations: The airline with the most pilots wins, career expectations and arbitration hearings be damned.

This situation further reinforces my view of the inherently nihilistic/narcissistic mentality of airline pilots and especially the leaders of our so-called unions. Unity is antithetical to the pilot persona and therefore not really possible. Any appearances of unity are only the serendipitous confluence of multiple nihilistic agendas. (Yeah, I've read Ayn Rand.)

Good luck to all, especially the AWA pilots. Many of the new hires there were TWA furloughees and have been abused enough.

Last edited:
why was it fair in your minds for west guys to gain 15+ years seniority in some cases over east pilots but the world is about to end because an east new hire will get a paycheck for 2-3 whole months after your mighty 4 year career at AWA is on the street?

FLAMEBAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They wouldn't have gained 15+ years of seniority, because they were already doing the same job as the east guys with that precious extra 15 years! Don't you get it??? If you're a junior Airbus Captain you are a junior Airbus Captain, whether you've been with the company for 7 years or 20 years. THAT is what you greedy, self-centered, short-sighted, destructive easties don't get!

HAL

In other words Pissa, time to learn the difference between longevity and seniority. My buddy got hired at USAir in 1987 . Never furloughed, never upgraded, although he could have held F28 Captain in the early 90's but chose not to because he didn't like the short haul up and down type of flying the airplane did. After not one, but two; count 'em bubba; two trips thru BK court, after all the furloughs, cut backs and downsizing; he was 40 from the bottom on his own USAir system senority list; jr reserve 737 F/O in CLT. Now 2 questions for you... Did he have longevity...?? Absolutley, without a doubt. Now follow along here if you will and try to focus for a minute. Ready ..???? Here comes the hard question. Brace youself . Did he have Seniority ??? Here ...let me help you with that answer ....you seem to be struggling with it:rolleyes: Not by a long shot. Even though he got hired at USAIR in 1987 and had longevity, unfortunatly all it bought him was a very jr reserve position on his old seniority list, the same position he holds today on the new list. That he got hired in 1987 doesn't make a difference because his USAir longevity bought him a very low position on his USAir senority list. Regrettable ?? Yes. Gonna try to correct that which can't be corrected at my expense and the expense of every other 'Westie" anytime soon?? No. In the meantime, Parker continues to line his pockets as you and yours continue with this exercise in futility, and LOA 93 workrules and payrates continue to be the law of the land east of the Mississippi River. Nice.:rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:

It looks like MCdoosh's parents had another illegitimate child! Did you graduate from GIA too?

I know it been hashed out, but it's so simple. ( I have no dog in this fight)

You were on the street before merger, you'reon the street after.

You were a captain before, you're a captain after.

You keep what you brought to the table.

Whining like a school girl is expecting someone else to give up a captain seat and go to the street so you can have it.

Not exactly. If you were at the top (aside from some wide body protection that USAPA fails to acknowledge), you stay at the top. If you were in the middle, you stay in the middle and if you were at the bottom, you're at the bottom, and you can hold whatever that buys you (although there was no automatic bump and flush until the furloughs came).

USAPA's obstruction of the integration process forces people to suffer through contractions on "their side" even though the only reason the NMB allowed a vote which spawned USAPA was because they felt there were no "sides". For USAPA to enjoy the benefits of a single carrier (without which they wouldn't exist) while maintaining an apartheid condition with the west pilots should not be tolerated. With the benefits they enjoy (i.e. total domination) come responsibilities; responsibilities they have thus far totally ignored.

Hence the lawsuit.

Westies jumped on this thread like a fly on sh!t. Good post.

I love when they whine. Nic Nic Nic Nic we want Nic. Binding, Binding, MCdoosh,McDoosh. Gulfstream, PFT
Loser, Idiots.

Good job Westies. without you, I would not even be on this board. Keep up the good work and keep posting.

Thanks
M

Latest resources

Back